Helldivers 2 Performance on Ubuntu

I am really looking forward to receiving my Batch 16 Framework, but am a bit nervous about the performance of the 7700S GPU.

The most demanding game I play at the moment is Helldivers 2 and I really wonder how well it runs on the 7700S.
Could anybody have a look at the ingame FPS (Steam overlay is enough) using
Medium preset, no bloom, no motion blur, Field of View 75 and render scaling at native?

With my Vega 56 and R5 2600 I am getting around 50 FPS most of the time

Firstly, I should let you know that I’m on Windows 11 (took some getting used to coming from Windows 10, but really isn’t nearly as bad as all the Windows 11 haters have been saying)… so I don’t know if that will necessarily make major differences or not.

Here’s my Helldivers 2 performance on the Framework 16 in the AMD Adrenaline panel <Alt+R I think, or at least for me it is>:

Probably not playing with the most optimal settings for each games with my device (both in-game & AMD Adrenaline panel settings), but I haven’t been complaining one bit! Major competitor to all my friends’ self-built desktop towers. My specs on the Framework 16 actually outperform or at least compete with theirs. I couldn’t be happier with it.

However, I have found that you shouldn’t upgrade your drivers and BIOS from AMD’s website, but just wait for Framework to come out with Drivers and BIOS bundles on these forums. I had problems in all my games when I upgraded my drivers to more recent AMD drivers which aren’t yet supported for the Framework I think. Be aware of that and stay on the lookout for new drivers.

I believe I heard that Framework drivers are now shipped through Windows update so that will hopefully remove the need to keep checking the forums.

Also, I’ve heard that in most games you should not use vsync (both in-game and in the AMD Adrenaline panel).

Also, the max frames you can run on the internal Framework display is 165 Hz. But most of my games cap at 144 Hz because they don’t have a 165 Hz option.

Thanks a lot for sharing your avg FPS and taking the time to answer my post!

I am really stumped, as on Linux I am getting ~50FPS all the time…
Would you mind sharing your ingame settings?

Sure thing, but you’ll have to wait 2-3 days unfortunately as I’m out of town without my Framework.

No problem, just curious :slight_smile: