High Battery Drain During Suspend (Windows edition)

The laptop should go to hibernate after a drop of say 20 5%

Edited above text

If you use sleep you will run the battery down, see above

I’m not seeing such an option. Only S0 states are available.

I did skim this thread previously but was unable to identify an obvious or relevant solution, but there are also hundreds of posts/replies so it’s a little hard to parse useful or relevant details.

This is all especially strange considering that when I had a MBP for work, I could leave that thing asleep over 3 day weekends and it would still have juice when I’d go back to work. Unsure how Windows compares in that department though (I assume not particularly well).

Appreciate any help.

1 Like

[quote=“2disbetter, post:82, topic:4421, full:true”]
so the official answer there is No. S3 is not supported under Tiger Lake, and and S0 is what we have to work with.
[/quote

Yes the default S0

Now search for hibernate in this topic

e.g.

Why not just switch it off fully? With NVMe is only takes a few seconds to boot. Much quicker than having a flat battery in the morning.

BIOS battery permitting it will still boot up a week later. :smiley:

Yeah, I suppose I could just shut it off… but feels like I shouldn’t have to. :wink: It’s also a little annoying having to wait for everything to open back up from a cold reboot.

Enabling Hibernation made it “only” run down to 50% instead of 0, which is better, but still disappointing.

My hibernate doesn’t loose 1% over 24 hours so something in your set up is draining.

Windows 11 on Gen 11

Running dual-boot with Linux and Windows. Linux sleep is fine but windows modern standby is draining my battery to zero overnight. ~4 watts on sleep. Here is the sleep study. I’ve reset my Windows recovery utility and installed the driver bundle.
It seems to be stuck on a higher level of PCIE power usage.
Someone on Reddit seems to say the NVME is stuck in s2idle but that should be a Linux thing?

Hello, I’m also getting the high battery drain during sleep issue, my framework is 13th gen intel i7-1360P. I get the issue even with only a usb-c expansion card in.
Running a sleep study reveals the offending devices:

Unregistered Device   \_SB.PC00.TDM0 - Fx Device    - 100%
Unregistered Device   \_SB.PC00.TDM1 - Fx Device    - 100%
Device not registered                - PEP Pre-Veto -  97%

I have tried to google how to use these address-looking names to work out which device they might be in Device Manager, but I haven’t been able to work it out. I do have three devices in Device Manager with the little ‘no compatible drivers’ :warning: sign. They are:

• PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller
  • Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
  • Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller

Which sorta line up with the look of those addresses. How could I work out what devices are draining power during sleep? Why does my laptop not have drivers for usb controllers— those are Important (though usb does work).

Thanks for any help, I am a bit new to the windows back end

EDIT:
I found the connection! The sleep study path \_SB.PC00.TDM0 is equivalent to the Device Manager property “location paths” that looks like ACPI(_SB_)#ACPI(PC00)#ACPI(TDM0)
This means that two of the problem devices correspond to the usb hubs listed as missing drivers in the Device Manager, although the third is unknown, since the sleep study lists no path, I can’t be sure it’s the data acquisition whatever.
Not sure where to go from here though; I have installed the framework driver pack (twice). Maybe disabling one of the hubs in Device Manager and seeing what effect that has? Is it possible that would turn of usb and make me unable to turn it back on?

Disabling the devices in device manager had no effect on sleep power usage. I did a bit of searching around and I found some folks with other devices that were missing some intel drivers, but they all seemed to be using server hardware or “NUCs”

Sorry for the TL:DR request, but was this solved? My 11th Gen Intel Framework 13" has some serious drain problems, even when I shut it down completely. It will go from 100% to 0% in a matter of days. I almost never have any charge on it when I pull it out of my backpack.

@SirBapkins this thread is for suspend, if you FW is draining while fully shut down, that seems to be a different, and honestly more concerning problem. None of the problems here should be affecting you

1 Like

Aside from the usual audio driver, I’ve also started seeing this Intel(R) PEG60 - 9A09 (_SB.PC00.PEG0)

Couldn’t find much advice online. Anyone else seen this?