How can I get rid of Input lag using an Ultrawide Monitor while the lid is closed?

Just hooked up an LG 29" Ultrawide 29WP500 to my DIY laptop.
Resolution is 2560 x 1080, with a max refresh rate of 75. 5ms response time with FreeSync.

I have it connected via an HDMI expansion card now as I thought my external hub was the issue. Still see a good amount of lag while the lid is closed. I changed power settings to do “nothing” while lid is closed.

It seems for a few minutes it’s fine without lag until I go Idle and lag will come back up. Any suggestions?

I wonder if it’s a BIOS / Firmware bug. There seems to be some persistent issues with sleep/suspend, battery consumption, lid open / closed state, fan spin when sleep (workaround for the ‘heat’ issue)… And it looks like Framework is still having two Firmware Engineer roles waiting to be filled.

1 Like

Forgot to mention running Windows 10.

If it is BIOS/Firmware related hopefully a fix is out soon…

I recommend connecting via a USB-C Hub adapter, that’s what fixed my input lag from my monitor, also allowing me a much higher refresh rate. As long as you have a USB-C port on your laptop, it allows you to have much higher connectivity speeds and thus allows you to plug a DisplayPort cable to your laptop from your monitor. I went wrong by using HDMI which was too slow. This is the USB-C Hub that I bought from Amazon https://amzn.to/43VkmjL

Good value for money and I highly recommend using it starting off. Now I’m running 165hz on my Samsung G5 Ultrawide monitor. Hope this helped!