[RESOLVED] How to get an invoice?

Perhaps try again when they’re ready to support commercial customers more properly?

1 Like

Maybe I try. The problem is that this is now “on the radar”. So maybe someone will remember this process which will make it difficult to try it again even if the circumstances have changed. For now i enjoy the Framework Laptop and don’t think about the Problems anymore. Love the device so far, so it was worth the trouble. :grinning:

1 Like

Hej Folks! I also got the German Batch 8 Framework and need to support the questions here. I also bought it for business and feel rather deceived! I mean in the whole buying process I didn’t get any note that it wouldnt be possible to get a proper invoice. In fact collecting information about your business adress is even suggesting that the process will be absolutely fine for businesses. Really a NoGo and I do not understand why Framework isn’t able to provide a proper invoice even if you ask. Laptop cool, process suuuuuper disappointing!

2 Likes

There is an FAQ here:

1 Like

@Oliver for me, this is not about getting vat back. It’s an order from the US, so there’s technically no VAT (kinda). It’s about getting a document with the invoice details

• Invoice number
  • Fulfillment date
  • Line items
  • Billing and shipping address.
  • Framework letterhead :grin:

That’s all. I can make a word document like that myself but that’d be fraud…

3 Likes

@Michael_Siebert I’m afraid in this forum we can’t help you obtaining a correct invoice. All we can do is share detailed information about our individual experiences as well as possible workarounds and point to other information that is available at this time, with the potential benefit that others can become aware of what issues they may be facing before they buy.

It would probably be a good idea to contact support about this and mentioning this thread:

@FrameworkBee There seems to be quite some legitimate customer dissatisfaction here that the Framework team should probably be aware of. In Europe, it is quite common (while not legally mandatory) to provide consumers with a proper invoice. And - especially compared to some of the technical and logistical challenges you guys have been mastering in a quite impressive way - it’s really not rocket science either. (To be clear, I’m talkin B2C here, I’m well aware that B2B sales involves some additional challenges due to VAT issues.)

2 Likes

Way to go, that’s awesome to hear, congrats on persuading your company! Maybe this can encourage @Michael_Siebert to keep fighting :muscle:

If you find the machine to be great and useful in your work context and want to order more for your company, you can always contact Framework about participating in their B2B pilots:

1 Like

Because insulting people always helps.

1 Like

Would anyone of those who have actually received an (albeit wrong) invoice possible be willing to post it here as an example (with personal information redacted of course)?

Thats my invoice.
The part list is wrong, 8 GB instead of 16 GB and the price is wrong too. About 200 € higher than the right ammount. The number an type of expansion cards on the list are wrong too as i notice now…

3 Likes

@Michael_Siebert
Hi. I just uploaded my “invoice”. I noticed that there is an invoice number on my document. The missing number was your main complaint, as I understand. Did you get a different document?

1 Like

For the ram it’s fine, they ship two kits of 8gb and it says quantity: 2

1 Like

Hi Josh,
you are right. The parts listed are correct, i have mistaken the Carton No. for the quantity. But the price is still wrong unfortunately and thats what is going to make the most trouble for the buyers who need a correct invoice for their company.

Yep understandable the price differences are a bit confusing. What was the total cost of your order as I reckon for the row that is for the laptop itself they have put the whole cost for the whole bundle.

Hoi, My commercial invoice states “€”, like yours. The numbers are in Dollar though, convert it with around 1,13x in my case and you get the correct prices.

I also need an invoice btw, 19% is 19% :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Doesn’t look too bad actually. Shouldn’t it be possible to get it corrected via support as this apparently is a systematic issue that they’re already aware of (see Recent Customs Issues with Framework Laptop Orders (UK, FR, DE))?

For us (also DE) the order confirmation email was ok once printed to pdf.
The invoice in the parcel had wrong information too.

I mean the email with subject “Ihre Bestellung wird bald versandt #xxx

It has all the info, the invoice details and the correct price. No VAT exemption ofc but that is fine.

2 Likes

I was also wondering about this. My laptop has not been paid and shipped yet, but I’m planning to use it for business. It’s my own business, so I’m not too worried about how the invoice looks, but I had expected to be able to get a VAT return…

I understand that Framework does not offer VAT exemptions yet (which I think refers to “Reverse Charge VAT”, which is commonly applied on B2B transactions between EU countries, but it seems that the pricing does include VAT according to Framework.

AFAIU this means that Framework is actually forwarding a part of my money to some EU government for VAT, meaning my business is entitled to get that VAT returned (which is a bit of a hassle for VAT paid in another EU country, but not impossible. Seems most countries have a minimum of €1000 worth of purchases).

I think that all that is required is a proper invoice that says how much VAT is included, and in which country it was paid (anyone know which country Framework uses for the VAT payments? Germany, I suspect?).

1 Like

@Matthijs_Kooijman the VAT will be collected by the shipping company and paid in the form of prepaid taxes by them - the same as you would have to pay if you imported something yourself. So it is paid to the destination country as it should be.

Attached to the front of the box should be a Commercial Invoice/Packing list (it’s required by customs). In my case that has the details for the EORI and VAT numbers for France and GB, I assume German ones would have the relevant one listed too.

On some Batch 8 orders the value wasn’t properly stated by the shipping country (was higher than it should have been because of a mistake on their part), but that should be sorted now.

Ah, so that means the commercial invoice should (at least for me) be sufficient as proof for the purchase, and I should get some VAT specification or invoice from the shipping company that I can use to get the VAT refund. Sounds like everything will work out fine then. Now, only for the laptop to be shipped :slight_smile: