Looking at the Fairphone, I asked myself “Why are the components so cheap whilst the main purpose of one of the triple R is Reduce ? Why do they keep changing the chassis ?”
Maybe they can’t keep the same chassis for x reasons, but why build so cheap ?
Imagine having a framework smartphone that you can repair and upgrade yourself, that runs proper components, it would be mindblowing.
I would like to discuss with people of the forum on this topic about the hows and the different technical (or not) aspect of such a device.
- Could it run Android without a Framework ROM?
- Would it be possible to make such a device and switch components?
- What aspect should it have to last?
- How expensive that would be?
- In how much time such a would exists ?