Intermittent Slow Wi-Fi Connection Post-Hibernation on Framework 13 AMD, Win 11

Hello Framework Community,

I’m experiencing an intermittent issue with my Framework Laptop and seeking some guidance.

Laptop Details:

• Model: Framework Laptop (13th Generation, AMD)
  • Operating System: Windows 11 (Latest Version)

Issue Description: After my laptop comes out of hibernation, I often face slow connectivity issues, but this seems to occur only with password-protected Wi-Fi networks. Interestingly, open Wi-Fi networks in hotels connect without any delay. This inconsistency in connectivity is puzzling.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• I’ve already checked for any pending updates for Wi-Fi drivers and the OS, ensuring everything is up-to-date.
  • I’ve also tried resetting the network settings but to no avail.

I couldn’t find specific information on this issue in the existing guides or FAQs. Any insights, suggestions, or similar experiences shared would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

What wifi card are you using and have you updated the drivers using the Framework driver bundles?

I have the latest drivers from here and I use the card that came with the Laptop.

Just tested it myself and I experience it intermittently. I wonder if it has something to do with the wifi card’s power settings.

I’ve noticed this occasionally under Arch Linux as well with the MT7922. Obviously not directly applicable here, but perhaps there’s some firmware-level stuff going on, or as mentioned by @TheTRUEAsian above, power management settings?

While not the same, I also have issues with the MT7922/RZ616 WIFI solution that came bundled with my AMD Framework: Unstable and unreliable WLAN RZ616/MT7922 [FW13 AMD DIY]

It got so annoying that I swapped it with an Intel AX210 (about 16Euro) and I have yet to run into any issues…