Join us for the Framework Next Level Event on March 23rd

In 2021, we launched the Framework Laptop. In 2022, we delivered on the promise of upgradeability. Now, we are so very excited to share what’s next! Join us on March 23, 2023 at 9:30am PT for a live launch event to see what we’re working on to remake consumer electronics.

You can watch the event live on our homepage at frame.work or on the Framework YouTube Channel.

Not able to join the live event? Sign up for our newsletter and we’ll send you a summary of our launch announcements as well as a link to the video to watch at your convenience!

33 Likes

Sooooo… Gonna ask the inevitable, AMD mainboard?

28 Likes

I’m hoping for a mac mini or raspi 400 form factor.

5 Likes

I’m hoping for a Tablet or Smartphone :wink:

7 Likes

Tablet or Smartphone would both be instant-buys for me.

I’m excited on what you guys have in store for us.

6 Likes

I will be watching. My wishlist are a truly stable BIOS and preferably Coreboot on future motherboards.

13 Likes

I’m in the market for at least one new smartphone, so I’m crossing my fingers here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would hope something not mainstream, where the competition for a great product is much less. For example a printer! My most hyped one would be a good dumb tv!

1 Like

Honestly at this point I have so many wishes that it shouldn’t be too hard to at least get one of then :stuck_out_tongue:

From the top of my head:

Laptop:

• Matte Display
  • Coreboot
  • Official Thunderbolt 3 dock

General:

• Consumer-Friendly printer
  • Smartphone
  • Tablet

(list goes on)

9 Likes

Exciting! An official pointing stick (trackpoint) implementation would be great to see.

3 Likes

In the hope of further EU expansion. BENELUX with Swiss keyboard layout. Matte display, or a possibility to buy a larger frame to stack batteries.

4 Likes

My bet is printer or dumb tv are at least one of the things mentioned, but i struggle to figure out what else it could be. I look forward to it!

I’d love to see a desktop version. Full metal box compatible with original mainboard, optionally with better cooling system.

Or, as it was pointed out already, a reliable TB3/4 dock station.

As for the laptop format, it would be really cool to see a 15" version with double sized slots, akin to something I’ve suggested before:

6 Likes

Intel 13th Gen for sure. And a completely different product.

2 Likes

In 2021: Repairability
In 2022: Upgradability
In 2023: ?

Considering the context above, my guess is about the ecosystem in 2023. The Framework’s marketplace in which people and the 3rd party companies can sell and buy, also an announcement of some 3rd party developments started for that. The Framework’s pitch deck slide page 10 is a clue.

10 Likes

The marketplace is already there, it must be bigger than that, if they create some hype with a launch event.

I’m hoping for more upgrades; better batteries, speakers, maybe even, chasis designs, different screens, touchpads etc… I think the more focus there is on the current product the better it’ll be! regardless I’m exited to see whats next.

3 Likes

I can’t see either happening. The market is either too small or in decline for both of those products.

My bet is on a repairable/modular smartphone. Since Fairphone isn’t available in North America, and Framework is already established as the go-to brand for repairable laptops, this would be my hunch, if they are planning to add new hardware to their lineup.

But that would also be a huge undertaking, and I’m not sure if they’re heading in that direction.

It will be interesting to see.

3 Likes

Yes. Right now only Framework can sell its products and parts on the marketplace. My image for the next-level marketplace is where anyone can sell. It’s like Apple’s App Store or Google’s Google Play store, or console games on the console game devices such as Xbox or Nindendoo.

After reading the “What should we build next?” thread over the last 4 or 5 months getting this in a email has peaked my interest. I’ve signed up for reminders and am looking forward to this whatever it may be about. :grinning:

1 Like