I’ve been a desktop/gaming PC user forever and kind of always shunned laptops.
I have a 1 year old child and therefore using the PC less. So I picked up an android tablet (S8+). The quality is amazing it’s just a terrible experience for anything remotely power user.
I decided to sell it and pick up a laptop!
I’ve gone for the base i5 model and smaller battery to save cost.
- The i5 will be more than plenty for my mainly office/browser use.
- The battery isn’t so important as most of it’s usage will be around the house.
I’ve also ordered an SSD and RAM from amazon due to it being a fair bit cheaper than the FW store.
Pretty stoked to start using the laptop, it said the i5 will ship within 5 days! I’m guessing I caught the end of the batch as it doesn’t say in stock.
Few other questions:
- Does the screen get dim? Planning on watching some tv series in bed with it while GF and baby sleep
- Does dual booting work ok? Really wanting to learn linux more.
- I have a windows 10 licence and just learn the 13th gen doesn’t work great with Win10, does the licence transfer to Win11?
I’ve seen people baulk a bit at the price but i’ve managed to get a 16 thread, 32GB, 1TB, high res laptop for around £1000. Pretty impressive.