Batch 5 - Intel 12th - Guild

Hello, everyone. I decided I would start the topic since I am probably one of the first people to get a laptop in batch 5. Very excited to get my laptop. Already have a 1 TB SN770 that I got on sale here (Canada) and a 16GB stick of G.Skill Ripjaws. I plan to try Fedora on it but due to my use of Microsoft Office and Onedrive, we will see how I can manage to get those running. This would be my first time trying to use Linux as my daily driver but if it isn’t viable for work, I’ll just have to switch to Windows 11. Mostly, I will use this for work but I also hope to install some classic or low-demand games on this baby.

Sidenote: I hope that the speaker upgrades come out in time to get it with my laptop.

3 Likes

I’m also in batch 5 in Australia. Same specs as you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another Batch 5 here, Ordered today 10/25 - I went all out on the DYI. I’m going to do 2TB Samsung Pro and 64 GB of Ram. I will never need all of this but I seem to buy a new computer every 8 to 10 years.

1 Like

Ordered yesterday. 2022-10-25

grafik

2 Likes

Ordered my diy i7-1260p on 10/16/2022. Just got the preparing to ship batch 5 email. Time to order my DIY parts.

2 Likes

Also got the email that they’re getting ready to ship. Decided to ask if they can include a package of those refurbished adaptor cards. Figured I would help the environment and save some money. Debating getting one of the storage options added on. :thinking:

1 Like

Just got my shipment notification (stage 5). Ordered on October 20th with a minimal DIY (i5, no RAM, no SSD, EU power adapter and a couple of expansion cards).
I’m very surprised by the quick status updates compared to my 11th gen delivery (ordered in December 2021, delivered in the beginning of March 2022 to Germany). Could it be that demand is down and I may be getting an overrun production from Batch 4? Judging by their delivery dates batch 4 shipped the last couple of weeks.

2 Likes

From a reliable source: there’s been a lot of hard work behind the scenes which resulted in production ramping up. It may even reach a point where the laptops are in stock and don’t require a batch system.

They did take the delays in previous batches to heart and wanted to make sure that didn’t happen again.

4 Likes

I don’t know if you guys have seen this spreadsheet tracker another user put together. It pretty informative for those interested in tracking orders.

1 Like

Payment complete, your order is shipping soon.

1 Like

Just got Email #3 - Preparing order… Guess I better order my NVME and Ram.

And it has shipped. Damn that was quick.

2 Likes

@nadb you are for sure correct, they are moving fast. I just got my #4 email “payment complete”

I didn’t expect to see this computer until closer to the end of the month by past orders.

Got 5th email and shipping notice.

Just a notice, Framework shipped mine using Fedex with signature required. Fedex just left a door tag when people were home today and took off.

2 Likes

I ordered Batch 5 at 10/26 with i5-1240P DIY configuration. So payment completion do automatically i guess. No payment request or rejected mail. I thought should wait to later this month. shame. I need extra time to make ship my laptop

1 Like

I have the opposite problem. I was overzealous and sold my old laptop too quickly. And now my laptop hasn’t shipped yet so I’m working exclusively off my desktop. Haha

2 Likes

Just received mine. Ordered at october 19th.
i7 1280p DIY with 64GB.

Now in the process of making a bootable usb drive, and installing the machine. Can’t wait to use it

2 Likes

Ordered on October 23rd, still on pre-order status.

2 Likes

Ordered 01.11. Received 07.11 (just now. EU/Germany). This is crazy in a good way. My Batch 3 order was close to a month.

3 Likes