Laptop not posting | code a5

Hi, I need help figuring out what my issue is with my framework 13 and ryzen 5 7640U is.

The post code is 10100101, which is A5, and according to Framework Laptop port80 codes · GitHub
This means that its s5 sleep, but I don’t know what that is or what the issue is. In it’s current state it’s powered on but not booting, and before posting codes it’s on for minutes, and stays on with nothing happening after.

If you want to check my work here is the full code:

1. What is the history here. Is it a brand new laptop out the box or has it been working for a while but just now stopped working?
  2. have you tried pressing the power button for more than 20 seconds to try to switch it off, the 20 seconds also resets the EC.
  3. have you tried a mainboard reset by pressing the chassis open switch etc.
  4. the post codes on AMD mainboards seem to have absolutely no correlation to what is actually at fault, to the point where a user has seen codes that are not even in the list published. I think that list is intel specific and has no relation to amd boards.
1 Like

From what you have written on the paper in the picture, the code is 10100100, 0x25.

1 Like
  1. This used to be an intel 11th gen laptop, but I swapped out the mb for a ryzen 5 7640U. Theres been various issues but the current issue is boot is extremly slow (between 10 minutes and as far as I can tell not booting at all. It taked a few minutes to get to post codes and if im lucky it boots a few minutes later.

2. Yes.

3. Im not sure what the chassis open switch is, but ive reset ram to try and fix the issue, with no luck.

4. Oh :frowning: well what do I do?