Ledmatrix web page not working(?)

I have inputmodule-rs running on my Ubuntu/POP_OS Linux machine and can run the command line tool to have the LED matrix display patterns, etc., on my fw16 laptop.

I’m trying to figure out how to set a particular pattern for the boot up instead of the variety that plays out of the box (I’m guessing that has to be built into the bootloader). I looked at the ledmatrix.frame.work web page, but it doesn’t work for me.

On the ledmatrix page, I just get the following when I click the “Connect Left” or “Connect Right” :

app.js:22 Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘requestPort’)
at HTMLButtonElement.connectSerialLeft (app.js:22:68)
at HTMLButtonElement.dispatch (jquery.min.js:4:8549)
at r.handle (jquery.min.js:4:5252)

Does anybody have any ideas about why the web page isn’t working for me? Thanks!

Edit: On Firefox, the error is:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: navigator.serial is undefined
connectSerialLeft Framework Laptop 16 LED Matrix Input Module Control

Firefox doesnt support webserial (accessed through navigator.serial) out of the box. If you want to use Firefox for this then you will need to set up this extension and its corresponding program.

As for the error in Chrome, I have no ideas beyond “make sure the appropriate udev rules are installed and loaded”.

EDIT: come to think of it im not sure udev rules are relevant for serial ports

I believe the udev rules are fine because I can run the command line program without any errors. I was seeing errors with the command line program before I installed and loaded the udev rules.

Your udev rules are definitely fine then.

Do you have any browser extensions installed in Chrome? Could you try as the guest user (in chrome) so that there are no extensions loaded?

I was using a chromium-based browser before (not Chrome itself). Running without extensions didn’t work, but switching to Chrome itself works. Thanks!

1 Like