Marketplace checkout shipping needs to be professionalized

I’ve just placed an order for some expansion cards from the Marketplace, to be shipped to the US. When I got to the Delivery menu, there’s a choice of:

• Standard Shipping $9
◦ Expedited Shipping $15

with no further information. This is not professional. I am not a lawyer, so I don’t know if it’s deceptive (legally speaking), but it’s not remotely adequate or up to the basic standards of online ordering.

Before I finalize an online order, I expect to see a rough estimate of when I can expect delivery. If there are 2 tiers of shipping, it’s unconscionable to not tell me what increase in speed I’m getting for the higher price tier–and it may be legally deceptive, if there isn’t actually any increase.

I’ve submitted a service request for info about my specific order, but given the tsunami currently flooding the Support Department I’m not sanguine they’ll get back to me in a timely fashion. I’m posting here:

a. in hopes that someone in the community can guesstimate what Standard shipping time for expansion cards to the US currently is

b. to alert the Framework Team that there’s a serious problem with the Marketplace checkout process.

I see older posts saying that the Team can’t guarantee shipping times because stuff is coming from Taiwan, but that’s bullhockey. I order things via etsy from individuals in distant lands all the time, they have no problem estimating how long it’ll take to make and ship things.

1 Like

Orders for in-stock products ship within five business days. Once it leaves the warehouse, the delivery time is out of Framework’s control, so they can’t make promises about it. Last time I checked, standard shipping is USPS and Expedited Shipping is FedEx, but that might change based on the third-party logistics provider’s contracts with couriers or other factors. That said, I’ve passed the feedback along to the Framework team for their consideration.

Pish and tosh. Almost everyone except Amazon outsources shipping, and yet they all include delivery time estimates when you’re placing an order, often a pretty narrow estimate based on your zip code.

1 Like

As I said, your feedback has been passed along.

I’ve submitted a service request for info about my specific order, but given the tsunami currently flooding the Support Department I’m not sanguine they’ll get back to me in a timely fashion. I’m posting here:

It’s worth noting that the forums are primarily community forums, so receiving an official response is not guaranteed. You will most likely receive a more timely and official response via support, especially as you posted this on a weekened when the Framework team is not working.

Thank your for your feedback Mary Ellen. I’ve passed along this feedback, looks like this is an area where we can improve. Thank you for letting us know.

1 Like