Matte screen protector

p.s. I still hope that frame work will sell me a 1920x1280 matte screen in the future. Perhaps sending in the current one (Don’t even need a refund for it. You can use it for someone else!!)

1 Like

Have you had any chance to compare the “matte”-iness of the glas and the foliage variant? Really interested if there’s a qualitative difference.

1 Like

As far as I could see: none. Completely fine both of them. The glass does feel better though. Less fingerprints as well.

3 Likes

Can you please share some photos with us? I’m curious how it looks overall once applied.
thanks!

Here you go, first five

6 Likes

And the last four

9 Likes

And ofcourse… now I see the three dust spots. Believe me: They are just dust, there’s nothing underneath it.

1 Like

Thank you for the pictures! Looks great!

1 Like

Thanks for the tips! :+1:

Just ordered, got redirected to french site protectionfilms24.fr, but goods come from Germany anyway.

I’ll post photos when put on laptop :computer:

3 Likes

Oh boy, applying these things is harder than I thought. Turned on shower, vacuumed before.
1st foil, I destroyed by scratching the air bubbles too hard with the soft plastic card, believing there was another protection foil to be pulled off. Alas, no, I was scratching the matte screen to death.

1. foil went on easier, but I still have around 10 dust specks and air bubbles underneath. Decided to leave it like that for now, but applying that foil, is a really stressful thing.
1 Like

I was successful wirh applying the brotect matte glass. It looks like I managed to :shower: away the dust, nothing squeezed in. The air bubbles dissipated after a day.

I’ve just apply the matte screen protector, was so focus on the vertical alignment that I made the mistake to be a little too close to the left edge of the screen. About 1 or 2 mm gap on the right edge.

I didn’t do the shower trick, just cleaned the screen with windows cleaning spray, dust-off with glasses wipe and applying it.

The result is great in the end! Hope it help make your mind if you consider buying one :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I don’t remember exactly but I wouldn’t recommend it anyway. It scratches too easily, but any screen protector larger than the laptop screen with good reviews should work.

1 Like

I just ordered the first one (18.99 EUR’s one) on Amazon DE. It seems both are sold by schutzfolien24. It was easy to buy on Amazon DE due to the easy payment.

BROTECT Anti-reflective tempered glass film compatible with framework laptop, anti-reflective protective glass screen protector, matte
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Anti-reflective-compatible-framework-protective-matt/dp/B09XBW9RLD/ - 18.99 EUR

• Flexible Real-Glass
  • Extra-Hard
  • Ultra-Light
  • Anti-Glare
  • Anti-Fingerprint
  • Bubble-free

BROTECT 2 x Anti-Glare Screen Protectors Compatible with Framework Laptop Screen Protector Film Matte, Anti-Reflective, Anti-Fingerprint
https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Anti-Glare-Protectors-Compatible-Anti-Reflective-Anti-Fingerprint-matt/dp/B09XBSZZ3B/ - 14.99 EUR

• Anti-Glare
  • Anti-Scratch
  • Anti-Fingerprint
  • Bubble-free

Edited: Take care the second link is “2 x”. You may find the “1 x” of this product on Amazon DE.

2 Likes

I just came here to say that if anyone is still thinking about getting a matte screen protector, I would highly recommend considering Photodon over ViaScreens for the simple fact that Photodon has images that compare the different trims, in addition to the fact that they include honest, helpful descriptions that tell you what you need to know before making your purchase. They will even ship you a $6 sample for free that comes with a $5 coupon. That means you effectively spend a dollar to make sure you’re getting the exact coating you want, and for the Framework laptop at least, it’s still cheaper than buying a ViaScreens protector without sample.

Never thought I’d shill for a company like this, but they do everything the way I wish every company would!

3 Likes

Anybody tried slightly larger Photodon protector and to fit it under bezels instead of installing just on active screen area?

I saw in topic that iamef was toying with this idea but there was never an update.

I was thinking about getting privacy screen and installing a slightly larger media fully under bezels seems easier than having a perfect alignment.

1 Like

My via matte screen does fit under the bezel, so I see no edge.

4 Likes

I got myself Photodon P4S privacy screen.
For under bezel installation, size 289x195 mm would work.

Privacy screen diminishes brightness quite a lot and things are not as crisp as before but it does cut on side viewing. Good news is that it cuts glare too so I guess it was worth it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I got the upscreen reflection shield matte from schutzfolien24.de (17,99€). It was delivered the next day in Germany and the application of it was easy enough (easier than the one I have on my phone).

It fits pretty much exactly the active area of the screen, so it’s roughly half an mm off from the top, left and right bezel and maybe 1mm away from the bottom bezel. I sometimes notice the gap at the bottom, but only in very bright conditions, if the light hit’s the screen at just the wrong angle.

I’m very satisfied with the protector itself, the reflections are significantly less and the colors are still good (imho at least), although I would’ve probably preferred it to go below the bezel.

3 Likes

I did attach this screen protector today. It is a much much better experience than the original glare screen. I am not sure whether the screen protector is the best or not. I just made one air bubble unintentionally between the protector and the screen, and I keep the bubble as I don’t know how to fix it.

1 Like