Microfiber keyboard cover for the 13

Hi all,

New framework 13 owner here. I want to take care of my new laptop and was wondering if a microfiber cloth over the keyboard was recommended when traveling. I know on the macbook a cloth can damage the screen because of tight tolerances. Is it safe to use a cloth like this on the framework 13?

A microfiber cloth can be used to help prevent the screen from being damaged when something heavy is placed upon. The microfiber cloth prevents the keyboard keys from hitting the screen.

Gotcha, just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t put too much stress on the screen/hinges.

depends upon the thickness of the cloth . . . also it doesn’t have to stretch to the edges where the bezel comes down to the input panel.

https://a.co/d/58qkFFX thinking something like this. May be overthinking it but wanted to be safe.

I would just cut up an old t-shirt or something. And why synthetic micro fibre when you can use organics, line, cotton etc.

One idea of microfibre is that it does crush a bit and take more impact than a piece of denim.

So why do you want to use such.

• keep finger oil off the screen
  • physical impact of keys on screen

What else are you using when travelling, a sleeve and or backpack?

Oh! and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’m worried about scratches on the screen or oils from my fingers wearing the screen down.

I also use sunscreen daily and if that somehow transfers from the keyboard to the screen I’d imagine that might dissolve the screen a bit.

I use a hard shell canvas case for it that I keep inside my backpack when moving. My backpack actually has a built in sleeve but it’s very large, so I slide the whole case into the sleeve.

I use an old bit of cloth and wash or throw it away. Sometimes I just use a piece of paper. 2.5 years and no problems. :slight_smile: