Mini PCIe LTE Expansion Card

A LTE Expansion Card is in the works using mini PCIe with swappable modems. This is being made by me and @Ben3. There is will be support for LTE and GPS models, just need another antenna.

14 Likes

mini pcie was deemed much too bulky to be considered practical, may have to ditch mini pcie , and therefor swappable modems too, to combat the modems not being swappable we will have separate models featuring separate modems.

4 Likes

I’m looking for a modem expansion card compatible with Bell Canada Ontario LTE Advanced frequencies to provide network redundancy to a Bitcoin/Lightning/Radix Validation node, I’m hoping to repurpose my Gen11 frame.work mobo for this purchase after I upgrade.

@Josh_Cook I hope it’s okay if I ask how the progress is here?
I’m interested in this as well.

I’ve not been working on this as it will stick out a lot, essentially the length of the mPCIe card which makes it susceptible to breakage, and a while back I did request reimbursement to build a prototype and was recommended not to due to the reason I stated above. I am working on a card that has a directly soldered module if you are interested in just a LTE module.

3 Likes