Mouse hitching / freezing, Framework 13 (AMD), Windows 11

Which OS (Operating System)?

• Windows 11

Which release of your OS (Operating System / Windows 10, 11, Distribution of Linux)?

• 10.0.22631 Build 22631 (Latest)

Which Framework laptop (11th, 12th or 13th generation Framework laptop) are you asking for support with?

• Framework 13 AMD 7840u

Hi everyone! I received my Framework 13 (AMD 7840u DIY edition) several days ago. I am using a SK hynix Gold P31 1TB SSD and Crucial RAM 32GB Kit (2x16GB) DDR5 5600MHz. Installation went smoothly, I installed all drivers listed on the setup page, but installed the latest Adrenalin from AMD for graphics drivers. I use an external mouse (G502X light-speed) alongside the track-pad to work. Both have been intermittently freezing (i.e., when I stop moving for a moment, then move them again, they have to “catch up” to where I want them to move, like a momentary freeze). I have scoured the internet and forums for help, but can’t seem to find any solutions. I initially thought it was a bad track-pad, but the mouse does the same thing (connected via a USB-A dongle). It is very distracting, and mouse movements are imprecise as a result. I tried hooking my framework to an external display, and it seems to have fixed the problem (though I only used it for about five minutes this way). I reinstalled all drivers as well to narrow down issues. Funny enough, when reinstalling GPU drivers, when the driver was uninstalled, the problem seemed to be fixed. However, when the latest (and framework supplied driver) for the chip was re-installed, I run into the same issues. Thank you so much for the result.

TLDR: internal trackpad and mouse are lagging / skipping on Framework 13, 7840u system.