I’ve had a Framework 12th gen since about September 2022 and it’s been “in production” (daily use) since March 2023. I’m really happy with it: I think it’s one of the best computer I’ve ever owned, which is no small feat considering I’ve owned a Mac Plus (yes I’m old).
Recently though the mouse touchpad seems to be showing signs of fatigue. It feels as if the left mouse button doesn’t always activate reliably. For example, right now it seems to work fine: I click here and there and things just generally work. But it sometimes just doesn’t work so well until I generally mash the thing until it does.
Could there be some dust settling below it or something? How do I diagnose or trea this?
I do not believe this is a case of Touchpad Rubbing Fix Guide - Framework Guides…
I’m not sure that’s relevant, but here’s the answers to the boilerplate:
- Which OS (Operating System)? Linux
- Which release of your OS (Operating System / Windows 10, 11, Distribution of Linux)? Debian 12 “bookworm”
- Which Framework laptop (11th, 12th or 13th generation Framework laptop) are you asking for support with? 12th
- If this is a Linux issue, please use the Linux tag or at least put Linux in the title. I do not believe this is a linux-specific issue
- If there is no information pertaining to your issue or question, please let us know here: Framework | Support Framework | Support uh?