My Kingdom for an Fn' Indicator

Hey everyone!
I’m loving this new computer a lot, but I have an Fn’ request to make: Any Fn’ chance at getting an Fn’ Fn indicator? The Fn’ key is handy with it’s Fn lock function, but it’s sometimes easy to Fn’ forget how my Fn’ Fn key is going to behave.

If there’s any Fn’ software available for tracking the Fn’ status of my Fn key, I’d appreciate some Fn’ suggestions.

18 Likes

I’ve got to say,

This is Fn’ great!

5 Likes

Though you won’t likely get your Fn’ request soon, you should get a Fn’ award or badge for your post.

10 Likes

And I’m Fn’ serious. My Surface had this, and I couldn’t believe how often I referenced it, since I’d switch modes a lot. I don’t expect a wizard to appear to retroactively supply one on my palmrest (or embedded into the Fn key), but I’ll settle for a sorcerer.

…Or, failing that, a little tray app that changes graphics depending on mode (a lil’ gear or something; nothing gross like a green blob that has a Fn/F1 animation that causes dizziness and vertigo when I press the button; just a small, subtle text toggle).

3 Likes

In all seriousness though, I treat Fn like Alt. it only activates key’s secondary function when pressed otherwise it’s off.

I think this is a BIOS setting you can change

2 Likes

Fn + esc to toggle this

1 Like

I know. I toggle it a lot though. I’d like to know what button I’m pressing when I press them without experimenting and accidently getting help for using Microsoft Edge.

3 Likes

I know I’m late, but someone get this man a trophy.

3 Likes

Maybe as a free retrofit, they could have the charging led light up on the side that’s not plugged in when fn lock is on.