New Framework 16 Weird Graphics Issues in Catia V5 CAD

Hey all, I am on Windows 11, with the latest and greatest BIOS and driver updates from Framework, I opened up a CAD model I was working on and the graphics appear to be having an issue. When I roll the model around I get some random things showing that arent actually there. Anyone have any ideas? This file works fine on other systems.

I’m going to guess unsupported driver or driver lacking support.

Looking at the certified hardware…you need the Radeon Pro side of things.

I understand where you are coming from, I guess I am just a little surprised. I have had all sorts of hardware visualize just fine, from old 5th gen i7 intergrated graphics, to GTX 1080s, RTX 2070s, etc.

Put it this way, issue is either hardware or software, or the combination of the two.

With that setting the stage, do you think you have issue with the hardware?

And, do you have or know another AMD system that’s able to run the same software stack without the issue you’re seeing?

I absolutely imagine this is a hardware/driver issue. I guess I was hoping there might be direct settings to ensure the software is using the correct graphics device, I will have to toy around with some googling and settings.

Are you using the 7700S or the 780m?

I believe I have been trying both? The only place I am seeing the ability to change it is in the Windows graphics settings, which doesnt always correspond with what the AMD software is saying that exe will be using.

Give the Radeon Pro drivers a try (if it can install at all on a non-Pro Ryzen system, that is). The latest one is 24.Q1 I think.

e.g. The Lenovo P14 Gen 3 AMD 6000 series (Ryzen PRO 6850U with a 680m) was certified using the Radeon Pro drivers

1 Like

I just found that as well! Going to install that and test tomorrow. Thank you!