Noise fans playing with rx 7700 s and cpu. Doubt powerbank

Noise fans playing with rx 7700 s and cpu

There has been a lot of talk about noise when playing video games.

It is always said that it makes a big noise but all the analyzes I read are playing at maximum resolution where all the latop gamers make a big noise.

I would like to know what the noise is when playing at a normal resolution, for example 1080 p, and with the fps limited to 60.

And with all kinds of games, the witcher, cyberpunk, helldrivers…

But from an objective point of view.

On the other hand, due to my work I spend a lot of time at the airport and on the boat so I am looking for a powerbank. Can you recommend me any? Will one of 100 be enough?

Cyberpunk at full HD and all gimmicks active - loudest I have - device taking off.
Star Citizen Alpha 1.22.1 - Smooth playing. Fans coming up but not taking off :wink:
God of War: All details at 2K - Fans audible but not taking off.

Didn’t try more games here. Sorry.

1 Like

And the limited fps?

Thanks!!

never tried

There are no more users who can answer my question. I have a small child and if the fans make a lot of noise it is a big problem. That’s why I want to know the fan noise at lower resolution and frames.

I have heard that the non dGPU expansion bay has lower noise fans but that is an extra $100. It seems like as long as you do anything intensive the fans start to ramp up a lot. The 780m iGPU seems quite performant still so if you need to lower the fan noise then you should probably get the expansion bay with no gpu.

Also when swapping the expansion bay modules, it seems like they are only rated for 30 swaps so I wouldn’t recommend constantly swapping the modules.

As for portable power banks, as long as you are just staying at the airport and not going on an airplane, then I might recommend the shargeek 170 from sharge. One thing to keep in mind is that airplanes only allow you to carry batteries with 100Whr Max. If you need to go on an airplane with the charger then maybe get this Anker portable battery, although I am not sure what the whrs are because it only lists 24,000 mAh. In the end, I wouldn’t recommend the dGPU to be connected when using either of these portable chargers because you will be losing charge even when connected.

If you don’t require a lot of portability such as the case on your boat, you can get something like an Anker Powerhouse series and see which one you prefer. You can also check out Jackery’s battery packs.

Hopefully you find one of these useful!

1 Like

I live in an RV full time (300 sq feet) with a child and a spouse.

Neither have even noticed the fans… they are the same as if I had a desk fan sitting on the desk in my opinion.

If you dont want the fans to ramp up, set the power profile to balanced.

Using the rx 7700s?.

The problem is that the review refers to the noise at maximum power

Yes, I have the 7700s

Have you ever had a gaming laptop?

Its not going to be silent. You need a mac air for that.

Also, you dont need “max power” for games. Just set it to balanced if noise is a concern.

Yes, it had an xmg fusion. It was very quiet in balanced mode and very loud in maximum mode.

I didn’t know if this was the case with framework 16.

In the reviews they say that it reaches 52 dB at maximum load.

But I play at 1080 and 60 on a laptop.

If the balanced mode is quieter, I’m happy to know. It is important for my son, so as not to wake him up.

I dont think that the 1080 and 60 is going to make much of a difference.

Capping at 60 just caps the frames.

1080 might help a little - but the fans generally ramp up due to the CPU heat

The best recommendation if sound is a concern (and again, its not that bad - you can listen to a youtube video over the noise of the fans) - just use a lower power profile.

There is a ton of FUD, namely from a select few on Reddit - that dont even own this device - who are spreading things about how this laptop is a fail. I dont get their intentions… but… its what they want to do.

I imagine that by undervolting the CPU it can be solved.

Well the gpu is the biggest player in power consumption… also only the 7940hs supports undervolting. If it is really loud maybe check temps or you might have gotten a faulty unit of some sort, otherwise thats just how it will be.

I’ll check it out, most reviews say the fan is extremely loud. I thought that being a large laptop it would be quiet.

Unfortunately I have a small child and when I work or play it is important that there is not too much noise.

Those 30 swaps only apply for the standard PCI-Express slots. The Framework notebook has custom ones! Please stop spreading the 30 swaps information. =(

So far from the datasheets it seems like a similar connector is rated for 50 cycles. So 30 was off but the expansion bay module is still not hot-swappable. Because Framework has not released any durability information on their connector, we can only extract information based on the existing model of connector that the Framework’s expansion bay is based on. You can view the post here for more information.

Did you scroll down through that link to the last post by nrp?
you guys are really not doing your research.

Can you provide a link or screenshot to that post?

Scroll down 4 posts from the one you linked…

I wonder how much “last post” is not descriptive of where to go … :pray: