Paired Bluetooth mouse keeps disconnecting after resume

kernel: 6.8.5-201
bluez version: 5.73-3

I have the Framework 13 with the AMD Ryzen 7840U and one issue I have pretty much since day one is: My mouse (Logitech MX Ergo) which was already paired previously keeps connecting and disconnecting after resume from sleep or boot-up.

It rapidly fires the GNOME notification about disconnect/connect when moving the mouse around and this is what the logs say:

Apr 15 18:31:41 framework bluetoothd[3088]: profiles/input/hog-lib.c:info_read_cb() HID Information read failed: Request attribute has encountered an unlikely error
Apr 15 18:31:41 framework bluetoothd[3088]: profiles/input/hog-lib.c:report_reference_cb() Read Report Reference descriptor failed: Request attribute has encountered an unlikely error
Apr 15 18:31:41 framework bluetoothd[3088]: profiles/input/hog-lib.c:report_reference_cb() Read Report Reference descriptor failed: Request attribute has encountered an unlikely error
Apr 15 18:31:41 framework bluetoothd[3088]: profiles/input/hog-lib.c:proto_mode_read_cb() Protocol Mode characteristic read failed: Request attribute has encountered an unlikely error
Apr 15 18:31:41 framework bluetoothd[3088]: profiles/deviceinfo/deviceinfo.c:read_pnpid_cb() Error reading PNP_ID value: Request attribute has encountered an unlikely error

When this happens, I have to remove the paired device and repair it. Which makes it available until the next time. Super annoying.

I tried to pair and connect it via blueman as this used to be a better and recommended way but that also has not helped with anything.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Random guess on where the bug might be; can you try to stop fwupd.service before you suspend? Does this help?

@Mario_Limonciello I attempted to do this on my Framework 16 and it had no effect. Specifically I found when I move the mouse the mouse is detected but it spits out that error. This does not occur out of resume for me since I’m using fedora 40 and not using sleep but instead after I boot the computer. I’m led to believe that the data that the wireless chip is providing to the bluetooth service after first pairing is just not correct, although I do not have hard evidence to back this up at the moment.

I think you should report it to Fedora bugzilla for investigation and comments from maintainers then.

I’d like to add that I have a similar (same?) problem on my Framework 16. Fedora 40/Bluez 5.75-1 here as well. I’m still trying to find out under what conditions exactly the connection to the BT mouse dies and will probably report again if I have more data.