Part of the Display turned black and flickers

Hello, part of the display on my Framework laptop has suddenly gone black and is flickering. Is very important that it is repaired as soon as possible as I need it for work and university!
I strongly suspect that it is a hardware fault.
As I got the laptop less than a year ago, I think it is covered by the warranty!
Have any of you ever had this problem

?

Hi and welcome to the forum.
Hopefully you have or are about to contact support officially and yes if you search you will find similar issues, but not in my case.

Have you assessed it is the same viewing the BIOS?

You can check the display cable it seated well but contact support before you do dismantling tests

Yes i have the same viewing the BIOS. :confused:
Thank you for your support!
I have already contacted customer service and hope for a quick response. I need my laptop very urgently :confused:

1 Like

Can you plug it into another screen/tv via a cable maybe, if that works it will tell you something. Support can take quite a while in back and forth analysis

I have connected the laptop to external displays via usb c, where the black bar is not visible.

1 Like

Please contact the support team as soon as possible, share the pictures you have shared here and mention that you see the black bar in the BIOS screen but not on the external display.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I contacted support a few hours ago and am urgently waiting for an answer. I need the laptop very urgently for work and university. Do you have any experience of how long I have to wait for a reply from support?

the initial reply should be quite fast (1 business day) but there might be a bit of a back and forth during the troubleshooting, please try to reply back as soon as possible when you receive an email from the team. Thanks!

have you seen this thread?

other folks have the same issue - unfortunately no solution is posted yet. :frowning:

I suspect that the only solution is a screen replacement. The picture suggests to me that one of the PCIe channels has died in the screen.

1 Like

Thank you all for your support!
I´m still waiting for an answer from the official support team, but it´s good to hear that I am not the only one having this problem.
Since I bought my framework in the European Union I have (by law) a 2 Year warranty.

The warranty period varies from 1 to 3 years depending on where your purchased it.
Most of EU is 2 years, except Spain that is 3 years.
Details here: