Random color shell mockups

If I ever am able to afford one of these awesome modular laptops, it would be near to do a metal paintjob on them… I made a simple edit of the colors I think would look the best on this laptop:

8 Likes

Really hope they have a logo-less shell.

3 Likes

It looks a lot like the KDE logo … without the K

2 Likes

Honestly, I think it is a much better solution, and more sustainable to use skins (dbrands, for example) to both protect the shell and turn it the color / texture you prefer. You would be able to cover up any labels as well.

I’ve used them on the Surface line for a while, and they are great at making the device all black, for example.

Now granted we’ll need a company to pickup the device and support it, but I think it is a relatively trivial thing for these companies to alter existing skins to fit the framework laptops dimensions.

3 Likes

I agree with you! It’ll be the likely route and I think also cost-effective too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed that skins will be cheaper, but my point to something that doesn’t have a logo is that it should in fact be cheaper than a replacement WITH the framework logo. Just having it plain vanilla as an option is still my hope.

I wonder if you powder coat the shell & just add all the internals that will work without damaging the thermals?

1 Like

Although I wonder if Framework has thought of partnering with ColorWare Inc. ColorWare, could paint all kinds of devices, & if possible they could have shells for sale to users to convert the look of the laptop. Maybe even get a clean top with no logo or a logo that isn’t so large & in the middle.

1 Like

I plan to DBrand the crap out of my Framework the second I get it. I’ll just use a bigger skin from another model and trim to fit the Framework top. Thinking about cutting out to let the Framework logo show through.

1 Like

dbrand skin is apparently coming soon according to their support team!

4 Likes