Replacement screw for wifi card

I need a replacement for the screw that holds down the wifi card, I found this guide which says it’s “an M2 3.0mm fastener with a T5 head which is 4.5mm in diameter and 0.7mm thick” - but I’m unable to find something that matches this on Amazon.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

1. There are spare screws on the main board
  2. Framework sell spare screws

See if any of them will do, looking for links and details . .

M2 3.0mm fastener with a T5 head which is 4.5mm diameter and 0.7mm thick (x4)

Gotcha, but unfortunately shipping from Framework is relatively slow - are they so specific that Amazon won’t stock them?

It shouldn’t be that slow if you are based in the US.

They may not be that slow for such a small item.

I don’t use Amazon, where are you?

Maybe any electronic repair shop ?

There is a spare on the main board

In the first image, marked with pink markers, we have the gold colored fastener that is used for WiFi, Storage, and the Audio Board. This is an M2 3.0mm fastener with a T5 head which is 4.5mm in diameter and 0.7mm thick.

It’s typically a few days from Framework but next-day from Amazon - but it’s ok, I can use the spare on the mainboard for now and buy a replacement from Framework.

Thank you!

1 Like

These would probably do it, no promises though, I just did a quick search on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Deal4GO-10-Pack-Replacement-Phillips-Heatsink/dp/B0B1Q9QQ7F

most of the ones labelled m.2 or nvme mounting screw will do, just check to make sure you see M2 3mm, and be careful trying to screw it in, since if it isn’t exactly correct it could strip it.