[RESOLVED] DIY USB 2.0 Hub instead of fingerprint reader

Hello there,

Currently I’m building a custom Notebook and I need some help with the internal USB from the Input Cover Interface that usually goes to the Fingerprint reader. I used the Amphenol 10156001-051100LF connector with a FPC connector soldered to it and with an FPC cable it goes to an external PCB with the SL2.1 USB 2.0 Hub IC. When I soldered everything together, I connected the external PCB to the Mainboard using the FPC cable mentioned earlier and my USB Port didn’t work. So I tried the PCB on my Computer and Surprisingly my Computer still works, because I’m writng about this topic on my PC. The USB Hub PCB I built did also work. So my guess is that it has something to do with the embedded controller tat the USB hub doesn’t work on the Framework Laptops Fingerprint reader USB. Unfortunally I dont know anything about programming the Embedded Controller but I have a BIOS flashing device at home if I need to use it. I will also attach some pictures of the PCB and the circuit for giving a better unerstanding, what I mean. I hope someone can help me.

This is the Hub working on my PC

This is the Amphenol connector for the Mainboard

This is the PCB connected to the Mainboard

Here u can see that everything is working except the USB hub :frowning:

This is the circuit. Please ignore everything except the USB Ports, the USB IC and the input cover FPC connector.

BEst regards
professional_minecraft_gamer_HD

2 Likes

Update:

I fixed the issue. it’s really simple. Just go to the device Manager in windows and disable “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” for 1 USB controller. In power management.