[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

Yes, still chilling in Anchorage as well…

6 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

3 Likes

:person_raising_hand: right here

3 Likes

I’ll be sure to post!
Sounds good that you upgraded without a hitch

1 Like

Yup, sounds like there’s a bunch. Life would be boring if it went smoothly. >_<

1 Like

Ladies and Gentlemen, @TheTwistgibber Presents:

4 Likes

Thank you! Didn’t see that thread. I figured it would be a few days, but since FedEx delivers on weekends it would be resolved by today. Though I suppose we’re at the mercy of CBP who probably only operates M-F.

1 Like

For everyone who has gotten their AMD Framework, please answer this poll. There have been some users with RAM issues and I thought it might be good to do a community poll to see if there are any trends.

Processor
  • Ryzen 5
  • Ryzen 7

0 voters

Are you having RAM issues?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

If you’re having no RAM issues, what brand and speed are you using?
  • Crucial
  • G Skill
  • Kingston
  • 4800 mhz
  • 5200 mhz
  • 5600 mhz

0 voters

If you’re having RAM issues, what brand and speed are you using?
  • Crucial
  • G Skill
  • Kingston
  • 4800 mhz
  • 5200 mhz
  • 5600 mhz

0 voters

1 Like

LoL…that went over my head. Thanks for clarifying.

3 Likes

1 Like

I have a 1135g7 framework which I just today upgraded the mainboard to the ryzen 5. The RAM I installed is a ddr5 sodimm kingston 5200mhz (supposedly JEDEC Amazon.co.uk) 16GBx2 kit (not on the official supported list but other kits that weren’t are working for other users). white led on the power button comes on but then a blank screen and the following error seq happens on the debug LED: one white blink, then 12 green blinks(so looks good on that part) then orange followed by bbggbggg, Also system doesn’t move past this stage at all (tried twice for over 15 minutes each) so I doubt it’s memory training taking that long . I am normally able to diagnose problems but I cant seem to find any information on what the “bbggbggg” flashes mean they’re not mentioned here My Framework Laptop (Intel 11th Gen Intel® Core™) is not powering on . If anyone has any ideas or has a problem with 5200 or kingston ram it would be much appreciated. In the meantime I have ordered a crucial 32GB 5600 kit that seems to work for others( an extra £50 sadly) incase it is the kingston kit not being compatible. Also tried reconnecting the battery and reconnecting all the other parts too with no difference. Sucks because i was going to post lots of test results today.

Check out this thread, you might find more help there.

There are a few people in the same boat as you it sounds like.

1 Like

There are now 3 reports of users not being able to boot with 5200 mhz ram. I think the pattern so far is RAM below 5600 mhz appears not to work.

Edit: We have 1 report of 4800 mhz ram working so we’ll have to see about 5200 mhz ram.

3 Likes

Well they’ve finally admitted it’s delayed, but it still says it’s still saying the updated delivery day is today LOL

1 Like

Would it be ok with you if I copied this poll to the Batch 2 Guild thread?

@TheTRUEAsian That helps. Yeah it does seem that way. logically it makes no sense why a lower frequency but still jedec kit wouldn’t work. Perhaps this is something a Bios update may fix. But for now I will get 5600 to try

Indeed although I definitely want to get a larger sample size before coming to any solid conclusions. Once we have enough, maybe we could get someone from Framework to chime in? From their DRAM compatibility tests, all of the tested kits were 5600 mhz although they did test 4800 mhz ECC kits as well. However, I assume the ECC kits were tested more so for ECC functionality rather than for speeds.

I am curious about 4800, cause I’ve got that right now, so we’ll see when mine arrives I suppose. I’ve got the Crucial CT16G48C40S5.

1 Like

I do notice that this is a dual rank kit, and most of the validated list are single rank with the exception of one of the ECC ones, so I wonder if that might be causing issues

Although, assuming the Amazon listing for the Crucial 5600 mhz kit is correct, it is a dual rank kit that others have confirmed is working. I can’t seem to find the product sheet for it so if someone could link it here, that would be great.

1 Like