[RESPONDED] AMD Batch 1 Guild

Gonna be a new adventure then. I rarely see them here.

Netherlands reporting in. Payment was Friday, delivery is scheduled for Wednesday but it’s already here and on a truck for delivery today sometime between now and 2pm. Also FedEx which is rare most deliveries here are dhl or postnl

My delivery was also scheduled for wednesday, but it’s already loaded up on the fedex truck.

I was considering sitting in front of the house until it arrives, but it’s 2°C right now lol

edit: I’m in Germany

4 Likes

did any other aussies get their frameworks today? this post is coming from mine :smiley:

decided to go full fedora 39 on it and not even bother with windows. i think i can manage at work on just linux, we will see tomorrow. i really don’t want to put windows on my framework if i can help it.

i loved the unboxing process and ‘building’ the laptop. i’ll have more in depth thoughts about this laptop later, but right now i’m loving it. the hardware is great, feels super premium.

so glad it arrived before i left <3

7 Likes

Mine is also scheduled for wednesday and already arrived at the local FedEx depot. But they seem to do the most german thing possible and hold it until its scheduled delivery date…
Tracking says:

An lokalem FedEx Standort
Sendung nicht für Zustellung fällig

which approximately translates to:

At local FedEx location
Shipment not due for delivery

2 Likes

Mine said the same, but then arrived on Tuesday. I think that just means it arrived after they packed the stuff for delivery that day already and since it is not urgent, it doesn’t get added last minute or so.

2 Likes

I GOT IT! wooooo

4 Likes

Sadly no. Been sitting at Erskine Park since about 8:30 am today.

1 Like

Can also confirm this on my end!

It suddenly turned into being delayed and now it’ll be delivered tomorrow. This can’t be good…

1 Like

Oh no I’m sorry to hear that :disappointed:

It is “as deep as oled” because his laptop does not turn on. It is truly as deep as oled.

4 Likes

Hopefully you’ll have a better time! In my case it was because the deliver managed to think he was in the right street but was in fact two streets over…

mine arrived, 96gb of ram were accepted fine but sadly the 4tb lexar nm 790 pro is not recognized in the frame.work, but works in an external usb-c → nvme enclosure… guess i have to clone my other 4tb ssd to this one and then swap… even though i picked the lexar because of it using little power… the wd 850snx is not really a downgrade, though :wink:

What OS are you running?

Yay mine arrived!

14 Likes

Kick me while I’m down why don’t ya :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

apparently there is some issue with this specific drive and it is only supported starting with kernel 6.5.5(!) … the drive didn’t work in my other pc as well, at least not under linux… the fedora live usb i have has 6.5.2, and the pop-os one 6.5.4. apparently some old lts might have worked as well.

with an archlinux live usb with kernel 6.5.7 the drive shows up…

1 Like

I look forward to seeing your setup tomorrow!

Install went smoothly for me hardware wise. I figured I would see if Ubuntu would take to the new processor and so far its working without a reinstall. I followed the ubuntu kernal update instructions and for the most part things are working. I had to restart a couple times to get wifi to connect and It seems firefox causes the system to stutter for reasons unknown but pretty much everything else just works!

2 Likes

fedora nightly installation worked. started digging into thunderbolt, but so far the first dock tried (asus simpro 2) only works partially, with not display output… two more to go, or the hunt for a suitable “usb-c” dock begins anew…