[RESPONDED] Ubuntu 24.04 Beta

I haven’t seen it mentioned in here, but I received my FW16 DIY yesterday and was able to install Ubuntu 24.04 Beta with no problems.

I did follow the guide for 22.04 where applicable Ubuntu 22.04 LTS Installation on the Framework Laptop 16 - Framework Guides

I did this because 24.04 stable is releasing next week anyway.

Download Link Ubuntu 24.04 (Noble Numbat) Beta

2 Likes

I’ve been using Ubuntu 24.04 dev channel since I got my FW16 in early March. It was a bit rough at first but as things kept updating I’ve seen every problem go away. I’m very impressed with Wayland, this is the first time I’ve tried it and everything seems very smooth so far. The touchpad acceleration curve isn’t great but I expect eventually someone will add a user friendly method to tweak it.

I swapped out the Wifi card for an Intel AX210 and I’m seeing better sustained transfer rates.

How’s suspend / resume working for you? I tried 24.04 before the xz debacle a few weeks back and it would not resume from sleep. The rtc_cmos.use_acpi_alarm=1 kernel param workaround in the docs wouldn’t work - indeed, the workaround is now the default.

I was also testing Ubuntu 24.04 pre beta images and it was shaping up to be a solid one on the 11th and 12th gen. I will definitely revisit the official beta. :slight_smile: