Revamping the Forum

I think maybe only you or Framework members always receive email in the default setting as you are the member of this forum. But I didn’t receive any email when you changed the categories. So, I guess general users except you and people at Framework didn’t receive the email notifications by my actions to change some threads category.

Here is my setting as a default. Maybe I didn’t change it.

I only received the notification (not email) when you changed the categories of the threads. The threads are only for my created threads, not for all the threads you changed the category on.

So, I don’t find any problems to change the thread category manually. Because …

  1. I guess Framework members on the admin role receive the email notifications on the any changes of the forum in the default setting. But I guess many users don’t receive the email notifications by changing the thread’s category in their default setting. If you and Framework members are not comfortable to receive notifications by any change, I hope you change your notification setting, or update your email client’s filter setting not to receive the email notifications on the inbox.

  2. If someone who is the owner of the thread receives the notification on the “page”, not by the email like following screenshot, but the person has already received the notification on the page when you changed the “Linux” to “Framework Laptop”. What I am trying to do is to change “Framework Laptop” to “Framework Laptop - Linux”. In the case, the person who is the owner of the thread only receive one more notification on the page.

Perhaps someone at Framework can send SQL query to update the database. But you need to be careful for this operation. Because I saw an issue by the category change by the script or SQL query(?). It seems the owner (role: Basic) of the thread can not edit their 1st comment any more after the change.

1 Like