Screen won’t turn on

Hoping someone can help me. I just put together my 16 DIY. I’ve had it plugged in and the solid orange led light on USB-C is now solid white. But when I hit the on button the screen doesn’t turn on. The only thing that I get is the fan starts to run. Not sure what is going on.

What RAM do you have and is there anything plugged into the machine? Also, do you see the LED flash any colours?

The only thing I have plugged in is the charging cord. I have two 16 sticks. For RAM

Which LED?

What are the specific specs (e.g. RAM speed, model, brand). As for the LED, it’s the charging LED. Do you see it flash any colours when powering on the device?

I have the Framework Laptop 16 DIY Edition (AMD Ryzen™ 7040 Series) with 32 GB DDR5. The LED color is a solid white color on power button and where charging cable is plugged in.

Did you get the RAM from Framework? If no, is it 5600 mhz?

DDR5 is 5600

Yes it was from framework.

My recommendation is to try booting with 1 stick of RAM in slot 0. The first boot can take up to 10 minutes due to memory training. If the first boot is successful, then you can insert the second stick and the boot time should be lower. If it doesn’t boot, swap in the other stick of ram and ensure all connectors are properly seated.

Ok thanks I’ll try that

So I got screen to turn on but now it says default boot device missing or boot failed. Insert recovery media and hit any key then select ‘boot manager’ to choose a new boot device or to boot recovery media

Yeah, you’ll need to load an OS onto the internal storage. If you need assistance with this. I recommend checking this link (Framework Laptop 16 - Framework Guides) which has all the appropriate guides for supported OSes.

Thanks. So I need to download the windows 11 on a flash drive then plug into the framework computer to make it work?

Guess you didnt check the link that was given

Roughly yes. There are some extra steps needed for the Wifi, just follow the link.