September/Batch 3 Thread

Ordered the DIY version on July 29th, received and built yesterday…couldn’t be happier with the experience so far. Very excited to finally have a laptop as opposed to being locked to a desktop all the time.

2 Likes

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a little while. Ordered on July 27, thanks Linus. Had a couple of hiccoughs with ordering (tried to order while the servers were being hammered) and getting my final payment in (the bank flagged the payment as fraudulent). I received my shipping email yesterday at 9:20 PM CDT. FedEx says delivery on 19 Sep, my birthday, but the package hasn’t been picked up. There’s no way the are going to get it shipped and delivered half way across the country in 24 hours. I’ve waited patiently for this long, a couple of extra days isn’t going to hurt anything. I’m just glad to see things moving!

I have the opposite problem, delivery will be today or tommorow but my SSD doesnt arrive for a week :pensive:

I get to sit and stare at a shiny new laptop that I cant use yet lol

2 Likes

You could always test it out by installing Linux on a thumbdrive attached to it

3 Likes

Ordered my DIY version on Aug 1 and it came today (Sept 18)

Configuration

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
  • WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®

Customization

• Bezel: Black
  • Keyboard: US English

Expansion Cards

• 2 USB-C
  • 2 USB-A
  • 1 MicroSD
  • 1 DP
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 Storage – 250GB

Accessories

• Framework Screwdriver
  • Power Adapter - US/Canada

Built with

• Crucial 32GB Kit (2x16GB) (CT2K16G4SFRA32A)
  • WD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE NVMe Gen4 (WDS100T1 BOE)

First impressions

I love it. I’m disappointed because mine seems defective (blinks 4th red and 10th red during diagnostic so bad CPU?) That is expected this early so I’m not upset. Everything else has me super impressed from the design (I’m an ex-designer) build quality, packaging. I’m really excited to see where framework goes from here.

It will be my daily running linux (Manjaro and VM Win10) and will be paired to an egpu and used for coding, design, modeling, 3d printing (and gaming?)

1 Like

Unfortunately that sounds like the same problem as here and here. So best thing is to contact support.

@jeshikat Already did with a video of the diagnostic blinks so they can verify. It is unfortunate but playing with the expansion cards has been keeping me entertained.

I got my Shipping notification on Friday, Ironically I’ll be in New York City all next week so I’ll have to wait until I get back before I unbox and build this laptop. This has also become my work laptop for my new job, so it’s going to get a lot of daily use. So far thought the experience has been great!

1 Like

It’s here!! FedEx actually delivered to me before noon! I’m so excited, putting it together asap

2 Likes

Shipped on Thursday but I haven’t got an update since Friday. Hoping it’s not lost in transit. Can’t wait to finally put the laptop together.

Framework Support team will be replacing my laptop and have already put in the order on my behalf :smile:

3 Likes

Cool! Do you have any idea when you will get it?

1 Like

I just got my Framework last night! It’s a mid-tier CPU with none of the memory or WiFi. I cannibalized the parts from my old Asus Zen AIO Pro (32GB RAM, 2TB Samsung 950 and whatever WiFi it came with) and installed Qubes 4.1 beta. I’m loving it so far!

@Luke_Graham I have an order number but no tracking number.

Support teams reply below

I will be expediting your order so that you can get the laptop soon.

Which seems consistent with what I’ve read in other threads with people having issues/defects. Hopefully this week :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hey Framework… It’s cool, you can take my money and ship it out to me anytime now. I’m giving you the okay!
HA!

1 Like

Did you get the actual preparing to ship email or the one saying they are preparing to ship your batch? As I got the latter on the 7th.

I only received the “preparing to ship batch 3” on September 7th.

On my end, I got charged on Wednesday morning, with email saying it will ship in 1-2 days, but no update since then. So I pinged the support to know where it’s at…wait & see

just got my 1185 model, for some reason the physical left and right click aren’t functioning. already reseated the ribbon cables, gonna try reinstalling the drivers next

I got mine on Friday, September 17. I was home sick that day so I’m happy I was there to get it immediately!

I got the DIY version, Core i7 with no vPro wifi, and I brought my own RAM, SSD, and power adapter.

As someone who has tried (and failed) to build a desktop PC before, it seemed a little daunting at first. In the end, it was pretty easy! Framework’s instructions are pretty clear and easy to understand. By far, the hardest part was installing the WiFi card, but i got it in after a few minutes.

In my case, the keyboard/touchpad cable came off when I opened it, but putting it back on wasn’t hard. When I first turned it on and booted into a Win10 install USB, the keyboard and touchpad didn’t work. I might have just been impatient because they both worked after a reboot. I installed the driver bundle and now it works flawlessly!

After 2 days of using it, I am super impressed! After coming from an old HP Compaq 8300 desktop, this is 100% a HUGE upgrade. It’s fast, smooth, and super nice to use. The screen is beautifully crisp with great colors and brightness. The keyboard is so nice, it has great travel with not too much noise. The touchpad is a bit squeaky in my unit but that doesn’t bother me too much.

I’m currently running the Windows 11 beta build and it runs so well! Everything is super fast and smooth and i’m having no issues so far.

Thanks Framework for making a laptop I can count on! Will definitely be sticking with this for a while!

2 Likes