September/Batch 3 Thread

WHOO BABY! THATS WHAT I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR! THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT!

3 Likes

I wish :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

@Grant were you refreshing your email for the full 11 minutes between your two last posts lol

1 Like

@Trevor_Thompson Don’t be acting like you aren’t…

July 27th i5 DIY order here. Just staring at my pile of M2 drive, RAM, and Windows USB installer. Patiently waiting for my “shipped” email, and to be charged. Sigh…
Patience is a virtue…

3 Likes

Of course not. I’ve moved on from that.
Now I refresh FedEx tracking constantly.

1 Like

I have done nothing but refresh Gmail all day.

3 Likes

Glad to see you got yours shortly after @Grant ! I know I will lol.

Lol about 3 hours, but I doubt that had anything to do with it. I just have a hard time being patient when I’m excited.

1 Like

I was content to wait patiently until I found this thread. Now after seeing others get theirs I’m checking my email every hour to see when they take my money!
Ordered on July 28. DIY i5 w/SSD, RAM, and wifi card.

2 Likes

@Chris_Robinson you and me both. I go back and forth between refreshing this thread and my inbox.

1 Like

Still on the wait train as well; i5 ordered on July 27th! Hoping for an email a little after midnight, similar to last week.

Oh shoot, for some reason I thought this had a 1080p screen. I could have sworn I saw some YT videos where they were mentioning that this was a 3:2 1080p type screen. Instead its 3:2 1440p which is awesome. That is what I have on my Surface Laptop 4 AMD 15". I’ve become so used to the 3:2 for my everyday work.

1 Like

As funny as this is; it won’t work. You cannot have 720 tabs pointed at Gmail. Gmail starts to throttle your IP with only 5 tabs pointed to gmail. 10 Tabs refreshing gmail would cause slowdowns per tab as google will ration your connections.
Additionally Gmail takes a lot longer than a second to refresh even on a gbit connection with a 3900x (I know from experience).
You could use the basic HTML/Text version of Gmail though to speed things up.

1 Like

(apologies for long post)
Hey everyone! I got mine earlier today and am finally getting around to posting about my experience. I’m using Windows 10, and the install process was relatively seamless. I had to install without using internet because the driver package on my USB drive and needed to be downloaded while in Windows. Also, the Wifi connectors are very finicky, the trick I found to getting them on was by putting them on the card before installing the card in the laptop, then routing the cables once i put it in.

Otherwise, it was super seamless! Even my girlfriend(who is not very techy but was happy to listen to me ramble on about this for months) was very impressed by how much CARE has gone in to this device by the Framework team. Here’s a picture of everything displayed in an orderly fashion:
(apologies for the messy living room lol)

And, here’s my final config:
CPU: Intel i7-1165g7
RAM: 2x16GB 3200Mhz CL22 Gskill RIPJAWS
Storage: Intel 660p 512gb
Wifi: Intel wifi 6 no vPro
Expansion cards: 1xUSBA, 1xHDMI, 2xUSBC

If y’all have any questions, please ask!! I’m super happy with it and can’t wait to really dig in on using it!

4 Likes

Ordered the DIY version on July 29th, received and built yesterday…couldn’t be happier with the experience so far. Very excited to finally have a laptop as opposed to being locked to a desktop all the time.

2 Likes

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a little while. Ordered on July 27, thanks Linus. Had a couple of hiccoughs with ordering (tried to order while the servers were being hammered) and getting my final payment in (the bank flagged the payment as fraudulent). I received my shipping email yesterday at 9:20 PM CDT. FedEx says delivery on 19 Sep, my birthday, but the package hasn’t been picked up. There’s no way the are going to get it shipped and delivered half way across the country in 24 hours. I’ve waited patiently for this long, a couple of extra days isn’t going to hurt anything. I’m just glad to see things moving!

I have the opposite problem, delivery will be today or tommorow but my SSD doesnt arrive for a week :pensive:

I get to sit and stare at a shiny new laptop that I cant use yet lol

2 Likes

You could always test it out by installing Linux on a thumbdrive attached to it

3 Likes

Ordered my DIY version on Aug 1 and it came today (Sept 18)

Configuration

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
  • WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®

Customization

• Bezel: Black
  • Keyboard: US English

Expansion Cards

• 2 USB-C
  • 2 USB-A
  • 1 MicroSD
  • 1 DP
  • 1 HDMI
  • 1 Storage – 250GB

Accessories

• Framework Screwdriver
  • Power Adapter - US/Canada

Built with

• Crucial 32GB Kit (2x16GB) (CT2K16G4SFRA32A)
  • WD_BLACK 1TB SN750 SE NVMe Gen4 (WDS100T1 BOE)

First impressions

I love it. I’m disappointed because mine seems defective (blinks 4th red and 10th red during diagnostic so bad CPU?) That is expected this early so I’m not upset. Everything else has me super impressed from the design (I’m an ex-designer) build quality, packaging. I’m really excited to see where framework goes from here.

It will be my daily running linux (Manjaro and VM Win10) and will be paired to an egpu and used for coding, design, modeling, 3d printing (and gaming?)

1 Like

Unfortunately that sounds like the same problem as here and here. So best thing is to contact support.