Serial numbering scheme?

I received my Framework 16 today and noticed that its serial number follows a different numbering scheme than my Framework 13. Additionally, the internal components each have identifiers beginning with “FRA...”.

I have no real need for this information, but I was curious if anyone knows the serial numbering scheme or layout for Framework’s laptops and parts in order to satisfy my inner number nerd. Do they follow sequential order, or are they all pre-assigned specific values? And do serial numbers of the laptops themselves indicate in which order they were produced?

Thank you all for your hard work on the Framework 16!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Apart from why is serial number so important to you; did you not ask framework instead of a clear a
‘user’ forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps it’s because Framework employees are also active here, or it could be because Brendan thought that this information has been shared previously : )

1 Like

I figured it was not important enough to bother the (presumably very busy) Framework team directly! I tried searching around the forums but was not able to find anyone discussing this previously.

As for why it is important to me, it’s just something I am curious about. I have no use for the information other than to satisfy my curiosity. I have always had an interest in serial numbers, even though that might sound dumb or boring.

1 Like