- Framework Laptop 12th gen August batch
- Windows 11 Pro fresh install
Laptop is connected to external monitor with USB-C (charging + video)
When laptop goes to sleep, and wakes up later - it no longer detects the external screen, unless I unplug and plug in back the cable.
Charging still works fine.
Hi and welcome.
a) you give no indication on the monitor
b) if you are using a USB C port have you tried all four positions?
c) have you read any similar topics and posts and not found help there?
More than 50 topics
a) Lenovo P27-h10
b) Yes, all 4 affected
c) I have tried different search keywords and read a bunch of topics - none of them seems to be about this exact issue.
- Ask Windows to enter “Sleep”
- Move your mouse to wake the laptop
- Log in
- Windows 11 DOES see the external display, but monitor shows “no signal” - until I physically reconnect the cable. And in Windows display settings I see the message: “Display is not active” - even though I have “extend” turned on.
You got me thinking about troubleshooting monitor instead of the laptop / Windows itself.
SOLVED: turns out “DP daisy chain” option in the monitor has to be turned on, for some reason…