[SOLVED] What does the error light sequence of Red/Blue mean?

I can’t find any information on any of the light sequences for framework 16. Anyone know what the sequence of 1 red 1 blue means?

That usually indicates memory training. Are you having issues booting the device?

I was having an issue with getting the FW16 to boot back up. I figured out how to solve the issue by opening the interposer door while the power was on. This ended up forcing the screen on to display the “graphics module door open” error.

Before that, i was just hard stuck on the red blue light sequence, even though I allowed an hour of memory training to be sure that wasn’t the issue.

Usually, if memory training takes more than 10 minutes, it is recommended to try booting the device with 1 stick of RAM in slot 0 then inserting the other stick if it successfully boots. But glad to hear your issue has been solved.

Hi @Alexander_Spencer, Welcome to the community!

@TheTRUEAsian is right; if it takes more than 10 minutes that is more than enough time for memory training and system startup.

Before you go start swapping RAM modules (this is has been documented on some FW16 machines); you can try holding down the power button until the machine turns off (about 20 seconds), wait a few seconds, then try powering it on again.

On rare occaisions the embedded controller gets stuck at powerup and holds the system from finishing the POST sequence.