The news threads should be sorted by date-created instead of latest-reply

It’s very difficult to figure out whether any given news item is new or old, because the Framework Team forum is sorted by latest reply and not date created. Makes it very easy for actual news that Framework should want people to get hyped about to get quickly buried.

As of March 11, 2024, the very first topic shown in this forum is The Power Adapter, which is from…2021 :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

There is a rss feed for new framework-team posts community.frame.work/c/framework-team/92.rss

Which is nice, but I’d imagine Framework would want greater visibility for their latest news. RSS is sadly not as dominant as it once was. I’m not talking just about my ability to find news, but the average person who finds this site and is interested in Framework.

They have the blog too, but it’s hidden down in the third link of the dropdown menu of their 7th nav item. I don’t see why they wouldn’t want the latest news given priority at the top of their forums.

The main problem I can see with that is that newer topics that got one reply and are basically done could end up filling the first couple pages, while popular threads that get multiple replies a day, but happen to be a year or two old, would be WAY down the list.

I’m not sure if this is possible to make this happen with the current forum infrastructure that we have but I’ll share the feedback internally.

1 Like