The SNACK Drawer Store: Now Made with Real Snacks

I was curious where all these SNACK drawers have been going off to so I made a heatmap of the country. Seems like California is the most in need of snack storage, then followed by New York, Washington, and Oregon.

Not on this map are also some of the international customers… 2 orders for Canada, 2 for Britain, 2 for Australia, 1 for the Netherlands, 1 for France, and 1 for Latvia!

6 Likes

People in some areas sure seem to like snacks more than others. :candy: :chocolate_bar: :lollipop:

Hmm, I wonder… :thinking: wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_U.S._jurisdiction. Nah, not close enough.

I did consider making that joke, but I think it has more to do with wealth and tech centers.

2 Likes

Lots of people joking here, but I think this would be killer for storing one of those little lint free cleaning cloths for the screen… @XenoCow have you done this / can you confirm one will fit? If so I’m happy to buy one. :smiley:

I have not put one of those in there despite the lamentations of my screen to have one handy. I’d imagine if you had one that didn’t fit, you could just cut it down until it does. You could probably fit one that’s 2"x2" easily and 3"x3" snuggly is my guess. The footprint is about 1 square inch so I think folding along those lines would be best.

2026, and it’s now “The infamous SNACK Drawer” :rofl:

People are going to be asking for it in that sweet Glow-in-the-Dark filament now.

4 Likes

Why INfamous? What did the best-selling, most loved, and most humble framework accessory do to deserve such a vitriolic title? T^T

But about the color, since it’s inception, there has always been an option for customers to request whatever filaments they want if the one/color they want isn’t on the list. Just select “other” in the color drop-down and then write in a link to a particular filament or description of the color.

5 Likes

Well, you did fill it with peanut butter!
Among other amusing things, which I can’t recall at the moment.

Summary

And considering they show theirs with peanut butter, I’m betting fair chance that’s what earned the title :peanuts:

By the way, have you ever heard of Fluff?

A good fit for a Snack Drawer, in my opinion.
Drawer #1 graham cracker. Drawer #2 square of chocolate. Drawer #3 marshmallow Fluff. S’more available anytime, anywhere, right from your laptop.

Embrace the infamy! 'Tis a badge of honor.

2 Likes

A one bite fluffernutter would be be something for sure. For s’mores, I’d need to first release the mini-grill module so you could melt the chocolate.

A couple people in the comments of the Youtube video took the SNACK drawer far too seriously and actually thought it was for food and were upset that food was being put alongside glow-in-the-dark filament. :sweat_smile:

Is that the new modification for the expansion bay module for the Framework Laptop 16?

Maybe it is a whole new expansion bay module that comes with a cast iron grill on top for optionally roasting tiny hotdogs? Bonus points if there are two slots in the module with removable S’mores sticks to roast the mini-marshmallows on said grill.

Maybe a bundle package could be offered of 3 snack drawers (the larger version because everyone wants to share) and the expansion bay grill module. :partying_face:

Drawer 1: Graham crackers (cut to size)
Drawer 2: Chocolate
Drawer 3: Mini marshmallows

2 Likes

I am actually tempted to make a little fire hazard nicrome heat plate that requires a waiver to be signed before purchase. I could see a real use as a tiny reflow hotplate.

2 Likes

The XenoCow Framework GrillMaster™! Now with integrated hotplate, for all your marshmallow toasting! Are you camping, make some s’mores or when you really need to reflow that tiny tiny project wilst in the wild! Accept no substitutes.

2 Likes

Would mini marshmallows fit? Maybe cut in half? The cut ends could be dusted with cornstarch.

If the tall drawer makes a comeback, then you could probably fit 8 mini ones in there. You might be able to fit a couple squished down in the medium drawer as it is.

Would love to see a ridiculous telescope one just for the lolz of expanding into eternity :smiley:

1 Like

Telescoped as in a drawer within a drawer within a drawer etc.? Or do you just mean a really tall drawer?

Update: Shipping Rates Increased

Due to an increase in shipping rates at the post office, I will have to increase the rate that I charge for orders. I was previously charging $4.75 per order, but after being surprised by a $16.20 price tag after my last order, I have had to look into shipping again.

Luckily, I have been able to find a way to get discounted rates, but it will still be more than before. So, the new shipping rate is $7.50 per order since the cost will be about $5-6 per shipment and then I need some money for gas and packaging. On the bright side, all future orders will include tracking.

I may still need a little time to work out kinks of this new process, so I ask for patience. No matter what happens, please know that I will never ask a customer to pay more than I ask at checkout, even if it means I suffer a lose due to my mistakes or misunderstanding.

2 Likes

Feature request:

  • Add peanuts in one drawer on the left :peanuts:
  • Add butter in a second left-hand drawer
  • Peanut butter appears in a right-hand drawer

Maybe there could be a recipe configuration plugin in v2 of this!

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought to use SNACK drawers as transmutation devices before… I’ll have to consider your request.

1 Like

It’ll be lucky that most living creatures wouldn’t in an alchemaic Snack Drawer.

Still, I’d suggest a warning against attempting such things, and a reminder to always carefully consider equivalent exchange costs.

:mechanical_arm: :mechanical_leg:

1 Like