The SNACK Drawer Store: Now Made with Real Snacks

New Year, New SNACK Drawers

It’s a new year and so it’s time to dust off the 3D printer and get back to work. There is now a new drawer model and a new variation to the old one too! See below for details on the new SNACK Drawer Medium and Captured Cards.

For those that are new to Framework, welcome. This might also be your first time seeing anything about the SNACK Drawer. If so, please take a look at the original post and the version 2 post for some history.

Current Offerings

Click here to buy!

Lite Original V2 Medium
200x200 200x200 200x200
Main Feature Simple Slim Larger
Holds Snacks :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
Holds a Nano USB :x: :x: :heavy_check_mark:
Opens Without Removal :x: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
Captured Possible :x: :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:
Volume 4cm3(0.24in3) 3cm3(0.18in3) 4.5cm3(0.27in3)
Price $4.00 $4.50 $4.75
Digital Files Free! $8.00* $8.00*
Direct Link Click Us Please

* Digital files are $8.00 for one, $12.00 for both. The second one can be bought for the discounted price at a later date so please do not rush into buying both now if you don’t want to.

Digital Files

If you want to print your own drawers for cheaper, or you live outside the USA / CA, the digital drawers are a great option. The first drawer file set is $8.00 but the other afterwards is only $4.00! Click here to jump to the digital files store page.

If you previously bought the digital files for the Old Original or V2, you will be getting the updated files with the captured versions as well as a coupon for the medium drawer digital files in an e-mail in the coming weeks. Thank you for your patience.

What’s New?

Medium Drawer

Thanks to the suggestion by @Keith_J_Brett, I made a 50% larger version of the SNACK Drawer that extends below the normal expansion card slots but is just shorter than the laptop’s rubber feet. This extra space makes it possible to store all sorts of new and exciting things. Here are some examples:

Captured Drawers

I don’t remember to whom I owe the suggestion of making the drawers captured, but if it is you reading this, thank you!

By adding a little slot in the bottom of the drawer slide and a post in the frame, these variations of the drawers are captured so as to not fall out! Both versions of the drawer support this variation.

New Colors

Thanks to two customers who requested custom colors, I now have in stock a silky white that is a close-ish match for the framework’s aluminum and an orange that is (I hope, I don’t have a reference) close to the orange of the bezel replacement. See those colors at the top of the page.

Thank You

Thank you to all the people that have given an internet stranger (me) their money so that they could put a tiny drawer inside their niche laptops. I look forward to making more improvements and designing even better solutions to problems you didn’t know you had.

Click here to buy!

16 Likes

Absolutely amazing gen-on-gen improvement!
You should put internal volume comparisons :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea. I think I can measure that using water and a syringe. I’ll update you when I’ve done that. Thanks!

Extra large sip of water!

3 Likes

All done, check the original post for the volume comparison. Thank you again for the suggestion.

For those wondering, I filled a 3ml pipette with water and then dripped it into the drawers until they were full. Since 1ml of water is 1cc of volume, the amount of water that it took to fill the drawers could be easily converted to their volume.

1 Like

Thank YOU @XenoCow although I have yet to buy a SNACK Drawer or the files, this is by far my favorite project and expansion card just because it’s so simple and I always love reading your new write-ups!

P.S. seeing a computer drawer full of peanut butter is so cursed, but I love it <3

2 Likes

It was the most entertaining snack I think I have eaten in a while. The drawer was a mess afterwards, unfortunately.

2 Likes

The SNACK Drawer (and the LTE Modem card) were both briefly shown in the Linus Tech Tips video review of the Framework 16. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG I needed a place for my gum, great solution! :joy:

2 Likes

I just stick mine to the palm rest /s

Storage: 500GB NVMe + GUM

Framework is not a product. It’s a revolution

1 Like

I agree. That’s why I joined in. Plus, I felt confident in @nrp’s ability to make a good product because of how well made the Oculus Rift CV1 was. Hopefully we get more people designing all sorts of accessories and expansion cards for Frameworks. And hopefully other companies will follow Framework closely enough to allow for community supported modifications of them too!

1 Like

Do you know the internal height or just internal dimensions in general? I am interested in the large one for a very specific use case of holding a single Werthers Original caramel.

Sure, the Medium drawer is stepped inside, for your purposes, I think only the space in the larger area matters. Here are those dimensions from a real printed drawer, as best I could do with my calipers (as opposed to the CAD perfect ones):

1 Like

Just measured the digital dimensions. As for the messy sizes, I think my mixing of imperial (for my ease of comprehension) and metric (for 3D printing) has just made this a bit of a mule project.

Width (red) = 0.994" (25.25mm)
Depth (green) = 0.879" (22.33mm)
Height (blue) = 0.281" (7.148mm)

Updated Digital Files E-mail Just Sent!

If you ever bought digital files, or the original drawer, please check your inbox for the new captured drawer variant as well as a discount code for the medium drawer files. Thank you for waiting so long.

If you think you should receive this e-mail and have not, please reach out so I can correct that mistake. (Also, if you would like to be removed from this kind of list, just ask and I’ll be happy to delete your customer info or just stop sending you updates)

2 Likes