Touchpad not scrolling and right-click not working

any update on the physical click not doing “right click” or “click and drag” on 11th gen? I’ve updated the bios and make sure the bundle is installed. tap works as expected.

The “press hard at the bottom of the touchpad” seems to work consistently. It fails every few days, but can be fixed with a few heavy pressed in the bottom center. Kind of irritating.

@Eric_Desnoyers I’m on the 12th Gen with updated drivers and this problem popped up a while ago for me too. No right click without the two finger press. And no scroll frustrating.

I reinstalled the driver pack without success. I also tried uninstalled the PS2 mouse, but it reinstalls itself on reboot. Any updates on this issue?

I’ve been experiencing the very occasional “Hey, I’m bugging again”, but it usually fixes it. Sometimes it doesn’t, but I simply close and boot up my computer (not restart), and it seems to behave properly after that for a while… I haven’t found anything better yet and I haven’t had much help from Framework in that regards either. Sorry!

@Eric_Desnoyers Oh my gods thank you, you solved this issue in less than 2 min. :man_bowing:

And if you’ve got a 13th generation laptop with these symptoms, search for (and install) the drivers specifically for 13th generation. [Don’t ask how I know.]

Thanks for this. I think framework should put this step into the installation guide. I was confused about why right clicking wasn’t working after I installed Windows 11.

To people that have similar problems, here’s a link to the framework driver bundle: Framework Laptop BIOS and Driver Releases (13th Gen Intel® Core™)
(This is only for 13th gen)

Oh, it looks like they already did add installing the drivers steps in the installation guide. I just missed it. I think it could be a little nicer to have a warning at the top of the page of all the possible errors that may occur during installation. After I got my windows 11 up, I closed the guide instantly and thought I was done.