[TRACKING] USB-A an ongoing problem?

@Matt_Hartley FWIW, i’m now on linux 6.7.0 and the problem as described in [1] appears to have gone. That is, i’m running the updated kernel for a few hours now, haven’t yet resumed from suspend, etc… But so far it’s looking good… Furthermore, the front right USB-A port now appears to recognize some devices which, iirc, it did not before ( in this specific port)…

[1] [TRACKING] USB-A an ongoing problem? - #36 by sydney

1 Like

Appreciate the update and delighted to hear you found a path forward.

I batch write lots of video files to external drives on a weekly basis, usually around 140GB, and occasionally transfer between external drives up to 1TB. I had tons of issues with drives disconnecting or dropping speeds to dismal levels (had some help from my post here).

USB Tree View helped me figure out that one brand of external drive enclosure wasn’t communicating properly, and wouldn’t get the correct amount of power as a result, but properly working drives had connection issues too. However, using a powered USB hub has solved all my issues on my batch 5 framework 13. Sure, the problem is still there, but at least there is a reliable work around.

That was the exact setup I had:
HDMI lower left and USB-A lower right.

Swapped them and the error stopped.
I’m on NixOS with kernel 6.6.30