I am trying to update my BIOS from 3.06 to 3.10 using the EFI Shell instructions:
- Extract contents of zip folder to a fat32 formatted usb drive.
- Disable secure boot in BIOS.
- Boot your system while pressing F12 and boot from the thumb drive.
- Let startup.nsh run automatically.
- System will reboot, you can unplug the thumb drive.
The USB drive is recognized in the BIOS but does not show up as an option after pressing F12. I was surprised these were the instructions as copying a folder doesn’t usually make a drive bootable. I tried again using my Ventoy multi-boot stick and saw the option but going through the process just leaves me at a shell without doing an update or rebooting.