Virtualization and emulation on framework 13 in standalone mode

I am attempting to enable the use of Hyper-V and Android emulation on the framework 13 in standalone mode running Windows 11 Pro. I am encountering an issue that was not present on an identical framework 13 in a laptop configuration. I have enabled vitalization in the BIOS and I have manually installed Hyper-V on the instance of Windows 11 Pro. The error shown in the image is from the Windows subsystem for Android when loading the Amazon Appstore.
Subsystem

Have you installed the Framework bundled driver set for Windows 11 (BIOS and Drivers Downloads)? This is going to be a crucial component if you have not.

To use the Android feature for Windows 11 you need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (which is not part of Hyper-V).

I appreciate the suggestions. The most recent framework drivers package was the first package that I installed on these systems. I then manually installed all of the Windows 11 virtualization features on this machine. Although on another identical machine, I have installed the Windows Subsystem for Android, the Amazon Appstore and the android apps, without additional steps.

1 Like

I have had some inconsistencies when working with WSA myself, but I think in my case it had to do with the history of the two machines. On my FW13 I started with Windows 10 and did an in-place upgrade to Windows 11. On the FW13 I did not have the VMP installed, and the in-place upgrade did not install it so I had to install it myself.

I also have a desktop system that I did a clean Windows 11 install on, and it appears to have installed VMP as part of the Windows 11 installation, and in that case install WSA was just as you mentioned (no additional steps needed).

I cannot say with 100% certainty this is true (I wasn’t really thinking about these things when these different events happened) but as I try to recall the history of the two machines that’s what I come up with.