Videos appear washed out on my Intel ultra series 3 Framework 13 pro running windows 11. I mainly watch videos on youtube in Microsoft Edge but also notice it on the Disney plus program and other streaming programs and services as well. Does anyone else have this issue?
For example, in this Iron Man trailer, on my screen the black bars at the top and bottom are a shade of grey instead of black Iron Man (2008) Trailer #1 | Movieclips Classic Trailers. It’s subtle but since the screen is 3:2 there are black bars above and below the black bars that are already in the trailer. The trailer’s black bars are slightly grey but the ones above and below those are black.
Is it just videos? What do you think of the screen in general? I am not sure how the screen could be washed-out just for videos and not everything else.
VLC would be my go-test for this.
It sounds like you’re on Windows: do you have a colour-correction config screen?
It’s just in video. Other than that the screen is great! Windows media player also washes out the color a bit but VLC works perfect and isn’t washed out. I have a Windows Display Color Calibration program
My slightly cheeky response is “well use VLC then” 
But at least you know your screen is not faulty. Sounds like there is something going on with brightness/contrast settings in Edge/WMP - I suspect they use the same underlying video driver.
I wish everything was as reliable as VLC
. It’s even doing it in firefox too. So strange.
In windows intel gpu drivers have enhance video settings go to the Intel command center and turn them off
I have those all turned off. Interestingly, selecting “darken video” seems to fix the issue.
I got it to work without having to darken the video. I created a custom profile in the Intel Graphics Command Center beta. Even without changing any of the values in the custom profile, I noticed the colors were correct even without selecting Darken Video. I looked at the different values between the 2 to figure out what the difference was and saw it was the Input Range. It was set to Full for the default profile and set to None in the custom. I changed the default profile to None and that actually fixed it. This whole time I’ve been doing it in the Intel Graphics Software program but that didn’t fix it so I figured that wasn’t the solution and tried EVERYTHING else. I guess it can only be done in the Intel Graphics Command Center that I downloaded from the Microsoft Store.