What countries will you be shipping to?

I’ve used MyUS and everything went well.

3 Likes

Did it via MyUS: batch 6 :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Let us all know how that went :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ll keep you guys posted.

Also batch 6 via myUS - arrived to the facility on Friday evening, so far it’s in the queue.

2 Likes

There is one more framework in the wild of Australia! No issues apart from a false invoice on the forwarders part.

4 Likes

To those who are from the Philippines and planning to buy one, use ShippingCart. Received mine very fast even though it was their busy season. No additional taxes to pay and they will do door to door delivery since they are owned by LBC. Just be sure to let them mark your item as an electronic device in order to have the special care option since they didn’t when I had mine initially. Overall, 9/10 experience :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My current laptop died, and I can’t wait any longer to get my hands on framework.

What do you guys suggest to import the laptop in India? Has anybody did, and received it in proper condition? I read comments above about some used MyUS and BuyAndShip, can
you please share your experience with us the shipping time, import tax, and most importantly how reliabile they were? @11122 @Ch_pitheteardowner @MikeCH @Robert2 @Yoav_Rheims

I’m a student and can’t risk much. I don’t want to go again with closed laptop brands which is highest risk I suppose as that’s why my old laptop died (bios bug and it being closed source / poor support, also there was no linux first class support).

1 Like

I used MyUS with FedEx economy to Australia, was 150 USD for shipping with insurance with a 1050USD laptop and 10% import tax plus about 75USD processing fee. Total 1334USD.

1 Like

Hello!

Right, there’s another thread with a lot of people expressing their experience with shipping the laptop overseas, do keep in mind that it is towards European countries… The post is this: EU Shipping estimate - #81 by MikeCH

I’ve used MyUS and everything went fine, no issues at all. Their support was there to answer my questions (although with some delay but I understand due to how things are currently).

They have a shipping calculator in their site that will give you a rough estimate of how much it will cost to ship to you. Now on top of that you have to take in account country taxes… And any other legal imposition that might exist.

That’s essentially it :slight_smile:

Good luck!

1 Like

And is the deposit chargeable over import?

1 Like

The deposit is part of the laptops value.

1 Like

So it is charged with import taxes right?

1 Like

Whatever is the total of what you have paid to framework is the value.

2 Likes

The value as far as Customs & Excise is concerned is the entire amount you have paid - including the value of anything in the package (including any deposits) and shipping costs. And, if they don’t believe the value has not been stated correctly on the customs forms, they are able to override it and charge what they consider the items inside are worth.

My 5 cents:
Also used myUS on MikeCH’s recommendation. Actually already used them twice - once for the laptop and once for few more port options (I should have bought them right away, but…).
Both shipments were flawless, fast and VERY reliable, the packaging was very safe (and eco-friendly), it even included QR code to provide your feedback to packaging and shipping speed, etc.
I have to admit I was quite surprised by the ease of the process. The FedEx shipping was not the cheapest imaginable, but very much acceptable - all costs combined, the Framework laptop was in the end still cheaper than buying same-spec Dell or HP locally in Switzerland - and here the HW prices are lower than in EU, for example.
So yeah, unless you have some problem with FedEx delivery to India, I would not hesitate.

3 Likes

Oh alright, deposit is actually to secure the order, its not extra charge other than the laptop :sweat_smile: (I was confused back then).

1 Like

Just a reminder for people in the countries except US, Canada, UK, Germany and France, here is the answer.

https://twitter.com/FrameworkPuter/status/1483440489571356672

Unfortunately, we don’t have an ETA but, you can register your interest by navigating to https://frame.work/locale/edit and selecting your country from the drop-down list

When will we get support for shipping framework laptops in india?, Although I know there are very few enthusiasts here I am one of those very few and I love the concept and will buy one in the near future .
I just can’t get enough of it, i keep watching tutorials on how to build one evn though I know everything. just looking at such a piece of tech gets me excited!!

Framework in india! Pweaseee!

4 Likes

I live in France and have pre-ordered a framework laptop DIY edition. Now I am thinking about possibilities of buying accessories (extension ports etc) after receiving my laptop but it seems that “Marketplace” is not yet available in France while being so in the US. I hope that would change soon!