3:2 desktop wallpapers

Use a Google Drive or Mega link

I use Backblaze B2, so that’s how I linked to them :slight_smile: It’s just odd that svgs aren’t permitted haha

1 Like

I’d never even heard of that till now. New tech is never bad, lol.
Your designs are great btw. Can’t see what others will do with them.

2 Likes

Haha they’ve been around for a while, and they’re not nearly as well-known as they should be imo.

Thanks! Can’t wait to see how others spin them off as well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really? I’m on mobile so I don’t have that protection. Time for Google, I guess

Edit: it seems safe enough, but looks can be deceiving.

Definitely a false positive. Although people can use B2 as a backing store for any website (with an appropriate setup), so I guess there could be cases where malware was distributed through B2 (like they can through S3 or any other cloud hosting provider).

The platform as a whole though is simply a similar service to S3, so it’s sort of silly to say the entire domain is malicious.

[Edit] My instinct was correct on this. For example, see this forum post.

2 Likes

I made another wallpaper but couldnt decide whether I liked light or dark more…
what do you think? :thinking:

• Light
  • Dark

0 voters

buildings 1 wp light 1

15 Likes

Clever. But what about a similar high res image of under the keyboard. Would it be possible for you to post one of those?
It doesn’t make logical sense like the lid image, but under the keyboard is so much more aesthetically pleasing.

3 Likes

I made this backdrop for mine. It seemed appropriate since I’ve selected Win10 as the OS.

25 Likes

@Kyle_Clements Nice! Downloaded.

2 Likes

Hmm. I’ve been posting wallpapers in the Off Topic forum under the FanArt thread. I’ll fix that with this wallpaper. Enjoy.

5 Likes

Celebrate your right to repair!

6 Likes

You all are so incredibly talented. Love seeing what you’ve designed. @Kyle_Clements @JacobFavreault @gs1 to name a few.

4 Likes

I modified a script to have xplanet remake my wallpaper every 5 minutes, with current satellite image clouds, and current day/night regions, and a base map that changes every month showing changing snow cover. I’ve had to modify the script a ton of times to get different satellite image providers, make it not run when I’m on battery or metered internet connection, and to trigger dynamic update on the various desktop environments that I have tried throughout the years. Guess I could modify it again to be a 3:2 ratio image too lol.

Here is a sample of what it outputs, taken just now:

19 Likes

Yes please. Can you share your script?

4 Likes

In it’s current state, it’s very hard coded to my hardware, home directories, etc. I suppose I could quit being lazy and refactor it well enough for a release…

Edit: I posted a link to GitHub below where necessary bits and instructions are posted

4 Likes

This next wallpaper requires a bit of explanation. The photo is of the Park Place viewpoint in Arches National Park. Because it was a night shot, I used a long exposure (30 seconds). The light at the end of the canyon are the headlights of cars leaving the park. You’ll also notice a red dotted line at the top. That was a plane flying by.
If you ever visit a national park at night (bring a tripod), you will be stunned at the night sky. Without the light pollution of city lights you can see all the stars.

8 Likes

For the Debian lovers (like myself)!

6 Likes

Thanks for these! I’m using the ivy one.

2 Likes

@Robert_Kocourek These are beautiful !
I’m a huge fan of your backgrounds, and I will continue to have internal conflicts on which ones to use, especially as you make more !
Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 Likes