Anyone found a place to purchase the RTC battery for the AMD Framework 13?

That may be a different issue

Trying to use it in standalone mode.

1 Like

It may be worth checking the connector but there are multiple vendors of the ML 1220 with cables and 2 pin connectors, though better check the connectors and cable length

https://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/search.do?act=search&dspm=pcen.Noresult.search.1.4Q32n4DanP1PsmREBSst%26resource_id%3D&sus=&searchkey=ML+1220&catalog=#pusearch1812

That’s a large capacity battery and charging it would take a while and the voltage is too high at 3.7V not 3.2V

Just to let anyone else know that if you want to use the amd board in standalone mode you will need a RTC battery

1 Like

And as for the connector

Otherwise

Can confirm.
Same error for just the battery alone.

But if I combine 2 items i get this message which seems to indicate it is available.

And if you order a battery WITH a laptop it is possible.

This seems like it is an issue with the seperate EU warehouse. Because when changing the region to USA you can easily order the Battery standalone. Which is probably because the parts for the US ship straight form taiwan but the parts for EU ship ONLY from the EU warehouse in the Netherlands. (Just assumptions regarding from where the items ship)

1 Like

Framework has posted many times that there is a warehouse and order fulfillment center in the US. I’m in the US and my FW13 gen 11 shipped from the east coast a couple states away.

1 Like

after a year of issues

Sorry, We’ve tested to check out the battery again, but it’s still coming as out-of-stock or unavailable. However, below is the spec of the battery that we use. You might find plenty of these locally or online if you urgently need it.

ML1220 Rechargeable 3V CMOS RTC Battery for Laptops w 2pin cable (this is with the enclosure cable) Any brand will do (Maxell/Panasonic/KTC/ etc)

But i can confirm that even with a rtc battery the amd mob dosnt work in standlone mode

this may be due the 3 party battery but i have 3 board with the exact same issue

Please let me know if you are not able to order the battery (and what region are you in). Thank you!

1 Like