Audio Expansion Card - No Input

Hello Everybody.
I am currently a little bit confused and need some help. Today I was trying to capture audio on my FW16, but I simply couldn´t get it to work.

I am running Windows 11 and the Ryzen 7 version and I also installed all the latest drivers.

I tried different USB-C ports on my FW but in every case it only recognises the audio expansion card as an ouput device in the windows settings and never as an input device. The only input devices I can see, are the microphone array and my paired bluetooth headphones.

I also found another discussion where they looked into the Realtek audio console and even there I cannot change anything or use it as a different input.

I have tested it with a normal aux cable and I even have a splitter cable (Audio / Microphone), which allows me to only connect the mic, but still no luck there.

Has anybody had the same issue and maybe has a fix for me?

The Audio expansion card uses TRRS 4 pole mono headset in. Not sure how you are connecting your mic, but the splitter cable likely won’t work as it would be expecting a mic only input. The aux cord would work, but only if it is a 4 pole aux and you are connecting a headset.

If you are using a 4 pole headset plug, then you may have a bad card, in that case I would contact support.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your reply.

I now finally had the possibility to test it with a mic that has mono input. Originally I tried to capture a line in signal, which doesnt seem to work with the card generally. Also thanks for pointing out that forum post, that really clarified a lot.

So thanks for the help again, everything seems to be working as intended.

1 Like