Audio jack not working

Hi everyone I recently just upgraded my framework 13 to a amd board. After upgrading my audio jack is not working anymore. After being able to put it into the jack I try to plug in my headphones and nothing happened.
For reference I am running Windows 11 Home and the BIOS is 3.03

Have you correctly reinserted the headphone jack cable?

I believe so yes

What OS(es) are you running? What version of the system firmware are you running?

win 11
BIOS 3.03

Try re-inserting it into the mainboard. Also rerun the appropriate driver pack.

1 Like

I will try that and see what happens.

Framework 13 AMD Ryzen 5 7640U, BIOS 3.03, Fedora 39 (KDE, kernel 6.7.6)

Headphone jack reports unplugged in KDE Sysytem Settings > Audio > Playback devices > Port dropdown. Speakers play fine. Manually selecting the jack for output with audio playback in progress and a headset connected results in no output.

Cable and headphones work on other devices, including a USB output device connected to the Framework. Tried other cables connecting to headphones and external speakers, same behavior.

Same chassis previously had an Intel 12th gen board, and the headphone port consistently worked well. I did not replace the audio card when I replaced the mainboard. I’ve noted a few other things:

• Reseating the audio board cable into the mainboard powers on the laptop as if the power button had been pressed, even when no power cable or keyboard/trackpad are connected.

• The audio board cable I have does not match the audio board replacement guide. It has a black stripe instead of a white stripe, “MB” and “AU” printed on the cable instead of on labels, and lacks the illustration of headphones that’s on the cable in the guide.

• The black latch on the mainboard connector does not appear to secure the cable in place. Any pressure on the cable, including placing the keyboard/trackpad assembly back on the chassis, causes the cable to become visibly unseated. This suggests the black latch is not securing the cable. No amount or angle of pressure on the black latch seems to result in any audible or tactile confirmation that the latch is seated.

Filed a support ticket.