• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
  • WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
  • Storage: BYO Crucial P2 NVMe 500GB
  • Memory: BYO 2x8GB 3200MHz G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4
  • 2 USB-A
  • 1 USB-C
  • 1 HDMI
  • Power Adapter - US/Canada

Replacing a MacBook Pro Mid-2012 that I repaired after getting it broken from a friend. Been using it for 4 years now, and it still works, but occasionally the screen goes completely weird and digital snowy looking, and it has to be restarted. Something about the display cable and it touching ground I think. And the backlit keyboard only functions in the centre, in addition to it just being a bit too slow for the work I need to do now, even with the RAM and SSD upgrade I gave it.

Super excited for the new laptop for so many reasons!

3 Likes

I put my order in about a week ago to celebrate receiving some good news.

i5 1135g7 with 32 gigs of Ram.
wifi card with no vpro.
Bringing my own storage - 1tb SK Hynix gold.
Framework charger.
2x usb-c, 1x usb-a, 1 1tb storage, 1 HDMI and 1 display port.

Probably going to dual boot Ubuntu and windows 10.

If the benchmarks are correct, this should be roughly as powerful as my 10 year old desktop, but burn 60 watts instead of 650.

3 Likes

Batch 5 checking in too! Mid-tier i7 DIY (except the wifi, which I included). Gonna boot up Void OS on the system after being on Ubuntu for years. Still deciding on what DE/WM to use for it though.
Also still holding out on buying RAM/SSD because I’m trying to see if Black Friday sales will lower the prices more. In a way I hope the laptop doesn’t arrive until then, else I’ll be tempted to buy sooner than holding out for the sales.
I think I ordered at the end of September or the beginning of October.

2 Likes

Placed an order this weekend:

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
  • Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
  • Memory: 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200

I’m going to replace my Macbook Pro 15 2016 as 256 GB of disk is just too small nowadays. And you cannot upgrade it! New Macbooks are great, but they want $200 for the extra 512 GB of storage and $400 for the extra 16 gigs of RAM. That’s hilarious, it’s half of the price of my Framework build!

I know that I’ll get a significant drop in display/build quality and battery life, but let’s give it a try. Really wish a success to the Framework team and maybe in a year or so we will be able to upgrade to the new shiny ARM or AMD mainboard.

5 Likes

Very excited to finally replace my laptop.

• CPU: i7-1165
  • Wifi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
  • Storage: BYO, SK hynix Gold P31 1TB
  • Memory: BYO, probably Teamforce 3200MHz 2x16GB DDR4. It’s at a pretty good price compared to the crucial sticks I was looking at.

hopefully the process of building will be straightforward and I won’t screw it up!

3 Likes

Might be early batch 5 as i just missed batch 4 (ordered Sept 20)
Hoping soon!
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200
WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®

Customization

Bezel: Black
included
Keyboard: US English
included

Expansion Cards

1 HDMI
$19.00
2 USB-C
$18.00
2 USB-A
$18.00

accessories

Framework Screwdriver
included
Power Adapter - US/Canada
$49.00
1 Like

Hey, just a word of caution if you aren’t well-versed in laptop/computer memory sticks: make sure it’s sodimm and not sddimm or udimm or anything like that. Sodimm is for laptops, the others are too big. Reason I say is because I tried looking up the memory since I’m also looking for some but couldn’t find the one you mentioned in sodimm format

4 Likes

First post on the forum, I’m in Batch 5, ordered 24 October.

i7-1165G7
16 GB RAM
BYO SSD (I’ve got a 2TB WDC SN750)
AX210 No vPro
2 USB-C, 1 USB-A, 1 HDMI

Mostly running Windows 11, but I’ll also keep a Ubuntu install for fun.

Replacing an older Lenovo Thinkpad. Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Just ordered this morning, apparently with good timing as the marketplace is arriving! Super excited to replace my macbook air with this.

Configuration
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7
WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
Storage: 500GB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
Memory: 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-3200

Expansion Cards
2 USB-C
1 HDMI
1 MicroSD
2 USB-A

Power Adapter - US/Canada
2 Likes

@volcanicmaggies

Huh weird, my order def says it’s SoDIMM. I wonder why you couldn’t find it. I just ordered it from Amazon.

Just placed down my deposit for a laptop (29 October), got put in Batch 5. I look forward to checking my email and the website everyday 3 times a day for potential updates.

Configuration:
i5-1135G7
Intel AX210 Wifi6E Card
BYO 500GB SSD (probably gonna buy a SK Hynix P31 but may change)
BYO memory 16gb 3200 (2x8) (some cheap Adata memory)

Ports:
3x USB-A
3x USB-C
1x HDMI
1x Micro SD

And also power adapter too.

1 Like

I ordered mine back on the 14th but just found this thread!

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
  • Storage: 1TB - WD_BLACK™ SN750 NVMe™
  • Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200
  • 1 USB-A
  • 2 USB-C
  • 1 HDMI
    *1TB Storage card

I think I am either going to run Fedora 35 or Ubuntu 21 but I will decide after running a few tests!

1 Like

After my 2016 MBP started crashing due to a bad RAM module, I was so frustrated to learn that the entire logic board had to be replaced just to fix the RAM. I went on the search for a laptop that was more end-user repairable. I was really eyeing a System76 due to its well documented support for Linux, but at the last minute was thankfully directed to Framework.

Was going to hold off on putting an order in, but after several more kernel panics on my MBP later, I realized I needed to get in on the batch 5 order sooner rather than later.

Really looking forward to getting mine and loading up Fedora 35!

• Storage: 500GB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
  • Memory: 32GB (1 x 32GB) DDR4-3200
  • 3 USB-C
  • 1 MicroSD

Might adjust the expansion slot choices and throw in a DP and USB-A once the final order confirmation occurs.

2 Likes

I was on the fence about shopping around for better prices on the components, but ultimately decided to just get everything directly from Framework after some consideration -

1. They’re testing compatibility with their components (I see you’ve ordered the same WD drive they offer)
  2. I’d rather the profit go to a company that is committed to repairability/recyclability rather than an online megastore

That being said - you’re 100% correct that the fact they even offer an BYO option is really great, and shows their commitment to reuse/recyclability.

2 Likes

Batch 5. Super excited!

2 Likes

Batch 5 here with DIY (i5) ordered on Sep 26th. Still in pre-order confirmed status :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ordered a DIY i5 model a few days ago, can’t wait to recieve it! Especially looking forward to the 3:2 screen and the fingerprint support, I’ve never had those in a laptop before. And I’m very excited about Framework’s future as a company!

2 Likes

Ordered Oct. 5. Still in pre order status. Been reading some of batch 4 is delayed. Hoping that does not carry over. I have been getting some of the others parts lined up and having them sitting on my desk is most likely not good for my patience…lol

I got my Batch 4 DIY Edition last week, and today I just ordered another Batch 5 Base model for my wife!

She’s having battery problems with her Acer budget laptop manufactured in late 2017, so I figured that it’s time for a lifecycle replacement. I actually recommended a Microsoft Surface laptop because she’s a straight Windows user, and we could get one same-day from Best Buy, but she’s impressed enough with my Framework laptop that she’s willing to wait until late November for the Batch 5 shipment!

I’m excited for her, and happy to be able to support this company with another purchase.

7 Likes

I ordered 10/15

Configuration:

• 1 MicroSD

• 1 USB-A

• 2 USB-C

1 Like