Batch 5: November Recipients Unite!

i got the i5 config with 3 type A, 1 type C, 1 HDMI, and 1 DP. pretty stressed irl so not in the mood to assemble it myself, and for the first time in 2 years i would LOVE to buy a computer and have it just… WORK out of the box.

it does say that batch 5 has “shipped” so i guess i need to ask the person who placed the order for me whats up with that.

1 Like

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
Memory: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200

1x Micro SD
2x USB C
1x HDMI
2x USB A

I have a lot of legacy devices like serial adapter so I ordered a spare USB A adapter.
I hope this computer will become my main development computer for embedded devices. I also hope the Iris Xe will be powerful enough to handle some 3D video games.

2 Likes

Just got an email from framework " We’re preparing to ship your batch!" Super excited.

4 Likes

Just received my “pre-paring shipment” e-mail.

4 Likes

We’re preparing to ship Batch 5! Please review your info

3 Likes

I got my email as well! My daughter and I are really excited. Getting the DIY edition and I’m planning to put Garuda Linux on it.

Me too! They are preparing to ship my order on Batch 5!

Ordered on Sept 26th.

Can confirm, I’ve also received the email. Hope the holiday season doesn’t cause our packages to be delayed too much…

I also received the email! Very excite, much anticipation xD

Received my email also! Definitely looking forward to using this laptop as my main alongside my M1 MacBook Air. As a CS student completing my final semester in school, this laptop is an exciting machine for technology moving forward!

i5 DIY / 3 USB C / 1 USB A

Bought RAM (16GB) and storage (512GB) seprately to take advantage of my credit card’s cashback rewards. Hoping to buy custom parts and upgrades in the future.

I also got the email! Really excited!!

Yesss! I got my email too! I have no computer (well, nothing but a bunch of broken laptops hooked up to monitors) so l cannot WAIT!

DIY edition
I7 1165G7
32gb RAM (16 x 2)
Vpro wifi (for them future proofs)
No SSD (got one)
No OS (grey market Windows ftw)

2x USB C
1x USB A
1x MicroSD

I’m hoping to get a lot done with this think! Had to do lots of thinking before I decided on this!

1 Like

I just got my “preparing to ship” email.

i5 DIY edition. Ordered Oct 15th.

I’ve got to be honest, after hearing about some of those batch 4 delays, I was not expecting to hear about November’s batch on the very first day of the month.

1 Like

I also received the email today, but I really don’t expect it to ship until the end of the month.

I ordered on October 15th:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
WiFi: Intel® Wi-Fi 6E AX210 No vPro®
Storage: 500GB - WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™
Memory: 32GB (1 x 32GB) DDR4-3200

Expansion Cards:
1 USB-A
1 USB-C
1 DP
1 HDMI

This will be replacing a certain fruity laptop that is going sour after 5 years.

I will probably install Arch Linux since that is what I’m running on a desktop computer. But with Arch I’ve never been successful putting together a good-looking desktop GUI, so I may try one of the Arch derivatives.

Placed an order today. Seems batch 5 is still taking orders!

1 Like

Is it shipping yet? [checks mail]

I hope it’s going to ship soon or it will be a long November!

4 Likes

Got my email too! Ordered on October 7:

DIY Edition
CPU: i7 1165G7
SSD: Recently replaced the one in my current laptop so I’ll be cannibalizing that
RAM: Getting my own (16 gb kit)
Wifi: 6E AX210

2x USB-C
1x USB-A
1x HDMI

I just hope it doesn’t take the whole month to ship…

Got my email.

You can order some parts which are ‘coming soon’ but not others. I’m quite interested in swapping out the keyboard. Do you think it’s worth emailing support about doing that?

@nez IIRC, in the order process, there was a mention about there being a chance to tweak your order before being charged the full price.

It makes sense, as a big part of the appeal for this product is the sheer ownership of it (yours to do with as you want), of which customisability is a big part. I’d be surprised if you can’t make significant changes to the order before final confirmation.

1 Like

Bing Bong! Got my email too! Was super surprised - the batch 4 community post had many still waiting up until yesterday and I only ordered 2 weeks ago.